Shifty pay? (1 Viewer)

yeah_boy

HSC
Okay

so ive been working in this fast food place, independant small business, and the pay is well shifty :S

I've been working there for 3 years, and I've gone from 15 to 18 and my pay has only gone up $3. I'm on $13.50 now. I don't get any sort of penalty rate even if I work on the main easter days etc. ever.

Also, other works are paid differently. For instance, we had have new two fourteen year olds earning $10 an hour, and a 16 year old earning $8...

This girl in her 20s gets $20 an hour..

I get 13.50 at 18.

One 17yo boy gets 11.

I have been working there the longest and I haven't gotten a pay rise for working there longer or anything.

Also, I haven't officially gotten my pay rise yet.. He keeps "forgetting" to pay me my "new" pay... it's so shit... I tallyed the amount of hours I work and because he's "forgotten" so many times it's over $100 now lost and he probably still won't "remember."

and if i tell him he's like "oh yeah, YEP, next 2 week roster ill put it in" arghhh

Is this normal? different pays for everyone? no penalty rates? etc

Kiim2507

HSC
Time for a new job lol...seriously if they haven't changed in 3 years they never will. You're better off going to a store opened by a corporations because they will be far better with pay and public holiday rates.

Last edited:

Kiim2507

HSC
Time for a new job lol...seriously if they haven't changed in 3 years they never will. You're better off going to a store owned by a corporations because they will be far better with pay and public holiday rates.

al02

HSC
Contact the fair work ombudsman. Tell them whats going on and they will investigate on your behalf.
It costs nothing and you can choose to do it anonomously if you don't want you boss to know.
I did it last year and got 10k back

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Contact the fair work ombudsman. Tell them whats going on and they will investigate on your behalf.
It costs nothing and you can choose to do it anonomously if you don't want you boss to know.
+1

Or get a new job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)