shitty @ the simplest thinggs .. (1 Viewer)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
hey im just wondering like if theres anybody out there who experiences the same problem as me .. like in maths, i can do some complex shit .. but still im pretty stupid .. but then when it comes to the simplest things like consumer arithmitic .. IM SHIT AS ! .. in my half yearlies ii got 5O something % .. which is really baddd .. like who experiences this too and is this how our sc is gona be !?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Mm, when I was in Year 12, my essays would be pretty messy.

i.e. I would skip the obvious stuff about Journeys and head dive into the complex stuff. I slowly then realised I needed to talk about the obvious too.

Just takes a bit of study and practice

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
sle3pe3bumz said:
hey im just wondering like if theres anybody out there who experiences the same problem as me .. like in maths, i can do some complex shit .. but still im pretty stupid .. but then when it comes to the simplest things like consumer arithmitic .. IM SHIT AS ! .. in my half yearlies ii got 5O something % .. which is really baddd .. like who experiences this too and is this how our sc is gona be !?
They give like 50 marks already for your SC from what i heard.

James747

HSC
Yeah, it tends to be the "little things" we overlook.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
practise practise and more practise. especially with maths. go through worked examples and try to work out the logical processes involved with working out the question, this way it'll cement itself better in your head and will allow you to remember and understand the principles of it more clearly. i'm in year 12 now and that technique works wonders for me.

but dont worry too much, not only does SC mean nothing to you, but it is fairly easy. soo easy in fact and not worth all the money and resources that go into it, that the government is even considering getting rid of it all together from what I've heard. :)

hope this helps.

topdeck

HSC
I'm exactly the same....at our school they make you do non-calculator tests worth the same amount as your calculator exams, supposedly because this will help our sc, but as a result you have to be able to do basic maths as well as the hard stuff.....and i am CRAP at those parts...so i ended up getting a 60 in maths for the half yearly...sigh.......

justbecause

icanhascheezburger
HSC
I get that alot. When it comes to anything I never read questions properly. It's always been skim reading. Since they taught us that in school, it's been effecting me ever since, in anything I do for that matter. Reading books, TV, anywhere.
That's where it gets me. When you're at the harder questions you have to look at it carefullly, with the easier ones you tend to just go...yeah whatever. But re-checking should do the job.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
justbecause said:
I get that alot. When it comes to anything I never read questions properly. It's always been skim reading. Since they taught us that in school, it's been effecting me ever since, in anything I do for that matter. Reading books, TV, anywhere.
That's where it gets me. When you're at the harder questions you have to look at it carefullly, with the easier ones you tend to just go...yeah whatever. But re-checking should do the job.
Ye i use to have the sawm problem, and now as well to some extend. For me, i just underline the key words in a math problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)