• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Shocked? (1 Viewer)

GemmaHavok

Suck my kiss
two floors down getting high in the backroom
HSC
Was anyone else here shocked to see certain people from either school or just high school life attending the same uni as you?

I saw my ex boyfriend, and find it strange that I haven't seen many people from my school... I'm sure more than 4 of us go to unsw, they must be hiding.

eshi

shy
HSC
Personally, I'm quite happy for my High school friends not to attend the same uni as me (except that those that I would still like to go to uni with ARE going to the same one as me...just at different campuses! :rolleyes: ) in terms of getting to know more people, having no-one there kinda forces me as an otherwise shy person to do this! :uhhuh:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
haha theres like 10 people from my old school that are at acu.. none doing my course though
only one of them i was really close with in high school but now im starting to talk to them.. like today in our 2 hour break there was like 5 of us lying on the grass talking and our random friends from all our different courses came and joined us.. it was nice
acu is a really small campus though so if i know anyone im sure i would see them around.. unsw is huge and it would be easy to avoid people lol

Lainee

HSC
There are quite a lot of people from my high school (Sydney Girls) in USyd. Only one of those is a really really close friend (but she's been avoiding me all holidays so is borderline friend now :p ) and just a whole bunch I label 'people I know but have never talked to'. In some ways it's good because it really forces me to make friends - but even if my close friends from high school were in the same uni I'd still try to make new friends!

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Must...avoid...school people.

I think change of crowds is good in this situation.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Well considering my old school is 700kms away I would be very surprised to run in to people. I don't think there is a single person besides me at UTS from my old school.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
well ithought i was the only one from my school going to uts but then i ran into someone on oday

and our old english teacher said we would never make it. HA

fucking bitch

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
yer english teachers have a thing for doing that, our one said something similar lol i have like 6-7 ppl ive seen from school 3 of them are gud friends and in my course! ive met new pplz too, soz its kewl

jellybeenz

HSC
White Rabbit said:
get drunk on bar nights - you meet SO many people when you're drunk :p
The difficulty is remembering these people in the morning.

S

Shuter

Well I know everyone in my year so I know everyone already who is going to UTS with me, I thought this was normal?

I did bump into someone from primary scohol on oday, that was odd!

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
im one of 4 in my year at newcastle uni and the other 3 are doing a degree i cant even pronounce let alone understand.... so no, i dont see high school people...

its scary though.. im now seeing people who were in the year below me at school and thats weird.. they're littler... now theyre invading my space again! no fair!

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
There are a few people I know going to Usyd, most are from SGHS... and I was surprised to see some of them the other day.... one came up to me and said hi, and I was like "WOAH... what are you doing here? I haven't seen you for 4 years!!!

only one person from my school is going to USYD tho. Which is good considering about 8 people are actually GOING to uni....

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
braindrainedAsh said:
Well considering my old school is 700kms away I would be very surprised to run in to people. I don't think there is a single person besides me at UTS from my old school.
Pretty much the same. Except I know of two other Murrains going to USYD. Not in any of my classes though.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i no 2ppl at uni from my high school which is a fair effort considering its 700kms

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Apart from a family friend of mine (went to same primary school but not same high school) who is in the same course and campus as me, i know 2 people who use to go to my high school but were both one grade above me. I still speak with them.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
i run into so many ppl, today i ran into my friend who swapped skools in yr 10, my best friend (by accident!!) my mates brother (twice) a friend from work, and another more recent "friend" made on O day at the opposite end of the campus 2 me

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
jellybeenz said:
The difficulty is remembering these people in the morning.
True that. I have a whole lot of randoms numbers in my phone, absoultey no idea who they are. But I remember have a fucking awsome time ;)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i have 4 ppl from hs at uni including myself. one of them is in all of my classes so it is pretty easy tho mixing with other people is even better

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
ohh that would be so easy. none of my hs friends are even in my FACULTY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)