Shoe sizes (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what an Australian women's shoe size 9, would be as a U.S shoe size?

Google's not a friend atm - Extremely conflicting. :(

karoooh

HSC
^

That's what I thought, but then some sites say that it's 9.5-10.5, like ciel said!

:S

Last edited:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Haha, it is exactly the same.

There is no such thing as an "Australian" show size.

Every shoe store that I have ever been to in Australia has used US.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Being employed in the shoe department of a popular and despotic franchise that shall remain nameless, allow me to end the controversy.

These 'Australian' sizes you're referring to are 'UK' sizes. Most stores in Australia that sell leather shoes use this sizing system, and the US equivalent is usually one size bigger. That is, a UK/Australian size 7 mens shoe is a US size 8 mens shoe. Stores that sell joggers/runners almost always use the US system.

Now, here's where it gets really confusing. There is no UK/Australian size for ladies, but there is a separate measurement for ladies in the US system. In short, a UK/Australian size 9 is a size 11 in a US ladies shoe.

And no, I don't browse this forum, but stumbled upon this topic from the front page directory. You lucky thing, you.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
mr_brightside said:
isnt US the standard?
It is when you're buying a pair of runners, but not when you're in a swanky store selling leather shoes imported from Milan.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
c_james said:
It is when you're buying a pair of runners, but not when you're in a swanky store selling leather shoes imported from Milan.
fair enough.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I just randomly discovered today that Colorado have an 'Aust' size.

Way to throw a spanner into the works.

I think it is just the same as the UK size, but fuck, way to confuse fucking everything.

And as i said, I have been in a lot of shoe stores, and even the swanky ones seem to appreciate that everyone in Australia uses the US size, thus they use US.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
one digit numbers a fine. Its when they use this european 38,39,40 bullshit that it gets confusing!

Whenever you ask in store you always get conflicting answers. I used to think its one number off so 38=7, 39=8 40=9 but then other stores are just like 38 is 8 39 is 9. But yeah i dont know. It's like using 28,29,30,31 etc in jeans for women. Every store tells me something different.

HSC
N/A
According to Joanne Mercer it goes like this (euro numbers still do half sizes but count it as a whole size up)
35 = 5
36 = 5 1/2
37 = 6
38 = 6 1/2
39 = 7

etc etc etc :) If you can remember that 35 = 5 (haha this is easy for me because I *am* a size five) then work upwards from there, you'll be fine :)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Hmm that just seems so wrong because im a 7 1/2-8 and usually wear a 38 or 39 depending on the shoe make. Hmm interesting. According to that i should have a 40 or 41! Woah thats the size my big footed friend wears.
Shoe sizes are stupid.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
haha no no im not saying you are wrong. It might vary from store to store or something. Its oviously right with you in terms of your cute little size 5 feet hehe :p Its all just silly and they should have one system so us aussies can actually make sense of things haha.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
glitterfairy said:
According to Joanne Mercer it goes like this (euro numbers still do half sizes but count it as a whole size up)
35 = 5
36 = 5 1/2
37 = 6
38 = 6 1/2
39 = 7

etc etc etc :) If you can remember that 35 = 5 (haha this is easy for me because I *am* a size five) then work upwards from there, you'll be fine :)
This is not actually true.

For women it is more like:

35 : 5
35.5 : 5.5
36 : 6
37 : 6.5
37.5 : 7

And it is kind of sporadic like this.

I know that my shoe size in US 9, UK 8, Euro 43, and 265cm (asian countries usually use variations of metric length).

That is all there is to know on earth, and all you need to know.

HSC
N/A
Eeek, euro sizes are weird...

hmm maybe joanne mercer has a smaller sizing thing then, because the lady told my my 36 pair of boots was about a 5 1/2, and it really does feel only a half size bigger.

That being said it could have been a narrowish cut. Or maybe a short cut but wider. Or something... :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)