Shoot-to-Kill Laws (1 Viewer)

Mr_Sheen

HSC
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,1011...3-29277,00.html
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16926190-29277,00.html
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16927932-29277,00.html

Searching through 'AAP' i discovered this article that reads:

"The Federal Government's new anti-terror laws include a shoot-to-kill provision that would allow police to kill an innocent person without warning."

My View...Everyone Loves New Legislations,........Especially if they contain a Shoot-To-Kill Policy!!.

London-type wrongful death here we come!!

another 'not so cool law' states that:

--Urging someone or taking part in actions to overthrow by force the Constitution or Government will result in seven years' jail. (there go all our dreams of staging a succsesfull coup)

i dont know if this subject has been discussed fully, but as we lay in the aftermath of the recent bali bombings, london bombings, the famous Brazilian man shot dead by anti-terror police in london, the Australian public society dosent seem to give a rats, directly after the bali bombings australians still remained in hotels 100 metres away from the blast points still living out their holidays, (and as my parents have just only a month ago come back from bali where they tell me they ate at that restaruant and shoped at that supermarket on numerous occasions) but who do you see in these dangerouse times worrying wether it will happen here?...

Last edited:

Mr_Sheen

HSC
Murf said:
no big deal. Like really, so a handful of people die...
m
that is a pretty hartless thing to suggest, if buy chance a close reletive of yours gets out of the shower, wraps a towel in thair hair and goes and retrieves a package in your mailbox, would it be a big deal if theyare takled to the ground and shot in the back of the head with an MP5 without question..put yourself in Jean Charles de Menezes's families shoes. thair son was shot for bugger all reason, which came about because of a screw up from the london police. who were servaling an apartment biulding of a known insurgen and when the servaling officer went away for awhile and came back and was told a man came out of the apartment biulding with a backpack, the officer followed him to the train station, little does this dumb ass officer know that it was just a man who lived in the same block of flats as the suspect insurgen, the officer called for backup and many officers decked out in armor, and sub-machine guns persued this man and ordered him to stop, the man who is startled by what he now faces moves toward the train and is crash tackled and pinned to the ground and killed without hesitation.

nwatts

HSC
Murf said:
in some places i.e. necular plant in syd, afp can allready shoot to kill im 95% sure... so really there just extending it out a little bit more, no big deal. Like really, so a handful of people dies, its no big deal certainly no thing to waste time talking about i rekon...

m
My old man workers at Lucas Heights there. Since the Greenpeace break in of a few years ago, the federal police on site are ordered to shoot those who are attempting a break in.

As murf said, this isn't "new and outrageous".

Raginsheep

HSC
Just look at what happened in London. The whole set of new laws is unnecessary.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Sepulchres said:
Care to read much? :rolleyes:
It's more complicated than that. Necessary really doesn't mean necessary. And then on top of that criminals can make all sorts of appeals that they were unnecessarily shot.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Ever bothered to read the paper?

I can think of a couple of people off hand that were shot dead by police in my old area....

iamsickofyear12

HSC
addymac said:
Ever bothered to read the paper?

I can think of a couple of people off hand that were shot dead by police in my old area....
I didn't say people never get shot by police. But there are a lot more people who they should be able to shoot but can't.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
You maybe?

Oh yeah and re your sig: Since when were all terrorists muslim???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)