SHORT ANSWER - ONE TEXT 6 marks (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
guys how do we structure this i can neevr do two body paragraphs is it fine to do a large one?

may22

HSC
2 body paragraphs is better because it's more cohesive and demonstrates the two different points you are arguing
Just have:
- a quick 1-2 sentence intro
- BP1 with evidence from text 1 compared to/contrasted by evidence from text 2
- same thing with BP2
- quick close off, about a sentence or so

okayokay123

HSC
A 6 marker will likely have two different aspects of the question you need to unpack so two BP would be ideal.

icycledough

HSC
It's also good to structure your answers based off the STEEL acronym (statement, technique, example, effect, link). It's very simple, but for a 6+ marker question which requires a condensed essay structure, it's very thorough and allows you to main a solid structure, which is very important in English at the end of the day. You may want to have 2 of these in each paragraph

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
It's also good to structure your answers based off the STEEL acronym (statement, technique, example, effect, link). It's very simple, but for a 6+ marker question which requires a condensed essay structure, it's very thorough and allows you to main a solid structure, which is very important in English at the end of the day. You may want to have 2 of these in each paragraph
Just double checking is it one text per paragraph or both in the same paragraph times 2?

stressedadfff

HSC
i just dont get how to pick out two different ideas??? oh no .......peirwf;lekwnfkj

icycledough

HSC
Just double checking is it one text per paragraph or both in the same paragraph times 2?
I think it depends ... they may give a 6+ marker on one text which will be a comprehensive one (like an essay or detailed article/fiction piece), so in that case, it would just be the one text. If it is 2 texts which they ask you to compare and contrast, then I would do an integrated structure, with Idea 1, text 1 and Idea 1, text 2 in one paragraph, then Idea 2, text 1 and Idea 2, text 2 after this, and then do this for the second paragraph. Of course, there are many ways to go about it, as it all comes down to personal preference at the end of the day.

triviajeon

HSC
i only did one para alsooooo
but idk is that right !?
Yeah, we all thought it was okay for one paragraph. I personally just left a line between (cause I kinda panicked with the last text haha) but I think as long as you answer the question and provide a sustained amount of supporting evidence - all is well :)

TheShy

HSC
Doesn't matter if you done only 1 paragraph, aslong as you had solid evidence that backs up what you were saying, you'll be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)