short answer section (1 Viewer)

goliwog

HSC
On the half yearlies and trials I have done good on the essays and multiple choice questions in general but flopped the short answers. Does any one have any tips for answering or preparing for these ?

Im having problems more with the ones were you have to look at a source and come up with explanitions e.g " Identify two economic activities on the map and account for the location of these activities" (2005 question 16)

thankyou

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Hmm not quite sure how to prepare exactly for the short answer question other than practice exams (which you seem to be doing). In the case of that question though, I believe you would just identify two economic activities (I haven't looked at that broad sheet yet, but what an economic activity is you should know from the topic) and give the AR and state why they are located there.
I don't think there really is a direct way to study for this section other than practice over and over, could also try reading some markers guide lines to see how other students have gone about answering the questions and how the markers have responded to them.
Some other short answer questions just require you to use what should be assumed knowledge from the syllbus and apply it to the situation, like the question where it shows a diagram of a food chain in a lake and you need to explain what would happen if a species was removed.

ezzman

HSC
answer the question..

may sound simple but your mark will reflect how much you've understood of those three words:)

if you got any specific short answer questions feel free to post!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)