short story conventions (1 Viewer)

oscar_wilde

does n e 1 have the short story conventions? i'm doin' a linear narrative... so does that mean its just the same as any other narrative thats linear?
Help!!!!!!!Please......

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
state library has some useful books on the conventions of a short story - its where i got mine.
but a short story is a creative piece, meaning that you dont have to stick to the same guidelines - some times stepping outside those boundaries makes your writing not only unique but stand out with an edge - isnt that the idea of Ext. 2 ?

oscar_wilde

That's true.. However I wouls like to know the conventions so that i can consciously subvert them not just do it without knowing..... that's what ee2 is all about!!!

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
ahh even more true.
when i went to the state library and typed in short stories in their computers heaps of books came up about how to write a short story, what the conventions are, examples of etc etc etc. I found that useful.
You could also look up famous authors definitions of a short story - i did that also and found some useful quotes that i could incorporate into my reflection statement etc.
hope you find what your looking for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)