Short Story writers (1 Viewer)

GemmaHavok

Suck my kiss
two floors down getting high in the backroom
HSC
I've been kinda freaking out lately because I'm only one third through my first draft? Is that really behind?

Also, When I went to this workshop thing at the begining of the year for Ext 2, lots of people were contemplating writing in another language (particularly latin) or even in a language that they made up... How would that go down with markers?

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
thats not behind at all. My teacher wants us to hav at least 2000-2500 words by the end of next week. As long as your diary is chokkas it sounds like ur makin good progress.

A girl at my school didn't write her's in another language but she did sometin strange-ish like that. She wrote a critical analysis on a type of feminism that made no sense to evry1 other than the members. She tried to make her work make no sense 2, to emulate the feminism.... Very strange-she got a band2 because her reflection statement didn't say anythin bout these intentions.

I think that as long as u hav a strong enuf reflection statement to justify ur actions, u can write anythin!!!

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
what an idiot. why didnt she say anything about her intentions? you cant just throw stuff at markers and expect them to take it for anything else than sensless gibberish. that story sounds too stupid to be true.

bitchymcbitch

Uni Bum
HSC
im kinda freaking cause ive almost finished my draft, and i havent done anything in my journal... like i have a few main ideas.. but nothing great or in lage amounts... is that really bad?

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
depends, like they always say - content over quantity. just as long as you make sure your process is covered...its really just to make sure that the work is original

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
i'd say you're making brilliant progress next to me,
i'm struggling to think of really traumatic things to do to my characters
ah, the agony of it all

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
ahck! i feel your pain! i don't think i even like what i'm writing about... in fact everything i'm writing has nothing to do with what i'm supposed to be writing... that in itself is pretty pathetic because i've picked such a broad theme
argh, damnit damnit damnit

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
heh! i finally started. Nearly finished my first story too. :D

but i s'pose thats cause my first draft is due in tommorow. hehe, nothing like a good old deadline to make your creative. ;)

elmostar

your all scaring me A LOT!!! i havnt even hardly started writting, my journal is pretty damn full thou.i am stressing out so bad! i have so much on....help me!!

skittlebrau

Heh... I've written about 4500 words and was freaking that I'd done TOO MUCH! It's way more than anyone else in my class has done.

Weird thing is, I actually *enjoy* Extension 2!

elmostar

Would everyone please stop saying how much they have written, your not helping at all!!!!
i love extension 2 as well i just cant seem to write anything!

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
elmostar; just pick up your pen and start writing- ANYTHING!! even if it isn't what you want your story to be. read some stories that are similar to what u r aiming to do- either from the library or on the net- there are thousands of stories able to be read online!! My journal is really full -i just started my second one. cut out articles from mags- anything!! Just start to get the "creative juices" flowing!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by GemmaHavok
I've been kinda freaking out lately because I'm only one third through my first draft? Is that really behind?

Also, When I went to this workshop thing at the begining of the year for Ext 2, lots of people were contemplating writing in another language (particularly latin) or even in a language that they made up... How would that go down with markers?

finished my final copy on the day/night of submission

slipper

HSC
lots of people were contemplating writing in another language (particularly latin) or even in a language that they made up...
That just sounds dumb to me.
Isn't it meant to show your expertise in English?!

slipper

HSC
It's like writing a story for kids - don't do it because it doesn't showcase your use of language.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

you aren't falling behind

Originally posted by sickwithlove
thats not behind at all. My teacher wants us to hav at least 2000-2500 words by the end of next week. As long as your diary is chokkas it sounds like ur makin good progress.

A girl at my school didn't write her's in another language but she did sometin strange-ish like that. She wrote a critical analysis on a type of feminism that made no sense to evry1 other than the members. She tried to make her work make no sense 2, to emulate the feminism.... Very strange-she got a band2 because her reflection statement didn't say anythin bout these intentions.

I think that as long as u hav a strong enuf reflection statement to justify ur actions, u can write anythin!!!

stupid ? also the words "elitist" and "pretentious hoe" come to mind when describing someone who thinks they can impress by doing something like that

Writing in another language is ok, as long as it isnt completely irrelevant and it is stated in your reflection statement, but even then i wouldnt touch it, mainly since it sounds too big a deal for somethign so short, it is a short story afterall

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Im 2000 words into my first draft.
If anything, I'm behind.

No complaining! lol

Do you reckon we should open up a writing workshop, like, we all post up what we've got for people to read. You can get feedback from anyone reading it, and they can do the same.
I reckon id be a good idea, but seeing that it depends on the good will of others, and requires people revealing what they have...it could get tricky. Not to mention raising the risk of potential enemies...eg "WHAT! It didnt suck you bi-ch!"
So yea....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)