Short Story writers (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I think that's an absolutely fabulous idea- my friends at school already do that before handing in any assessments for school, plus it's a wonderful incentive to do some writing!!!

I'm about 1000 words- 1/8th of the way! lol. Have the holidays before I have to hand in the draft first day back Term 2 though.

As to Journal- I have like, almost nothing in there. However- because I'm not one for 'research' (a few of my classmates are nearing the end of their SECOND OR THIRD JOURNAL!!!) I'm down for quality- I put down my drafts, my notes and general updates- also, I do my 3 R's - Reading books, Reviewing the Books, and Reflecting upon the books and their relation to my own major work. This constitutes the Research part of the Journal, which is relatively easy to do, leaving me with plenty of time to either bum around, like a I usually do, or actually do some work.

If you're a procastinator like me it's actually ok provided you can still hand some work in on time. If you're a REALLY bad procastinator, make sure you write SOMEThING, ANYTHING at least once a week if not once a day. Usually this can stimulating writing phases, or at least make you feel like you're doing something.

And if you don't have a lot in your journal, then that's ok. I have barely anyting in my journal but i know that what's in there is almost all written by me- I don't have like, 200 photocopied pages out of books that take up space (which is what most of those people will full journals are doing). This is ok, provided you know what you're doing, but if you're sticking photocopies in there for the sake of making it look like your doing something, STOP! Remember that for every bit of research you do, you MUST analyse it and relate to your major work.

As for writing in other languages, it's fine- in fact a girl from our school last year experimented with Netspeak. It was an excellent, excellent story, but the markers weren't smart enough to keep up with her and thus she got one mark short of full marks. Perhaps a good idea is that whatever you do, show it to as many people as you can- if no-one's getting it, it's unlikely the markers will.

Best wishes!

vicburke

Capt. Schneider Bandwagon
HSC
as long as you justify why you did something and what it does to your story etc in your reflection statement the markers will see it as original and all those good things *says while crossing her fingers and prays that shes right*
i am incorporating gaelic into one of my stories - not the entire story mind you - but lines, "dribs and drabs" as my teacher would call it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)