Should conscription be re-introduced in 21st Century Australia? (1 Viewer)

Should conscription be re-introduced in 21st Century Australia?

• Total voters

chowm

HSC
I do think the majority of generation y do not appreciate how much sacrifice has gone into fighting for and protecting this country in the past. Conscription is a good way to fix this. Or a walk on the Kakoda track.
I agree with Jaylee. National service and walking on the Kakoda track may arouse a sense of respect and discipline within gen y. Big Boss mentioned conscription which seems to be going too far, gen y has various aspirations to achieve, if they see the concept of death during war it may breed a nation of depressed gen y's.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I agree with Jaylee. National service and walking on the Kakoda track may arouse a sense of respect and discipline within gen y. Big Boss mentioned conscription which seems to be going too far, gen y has various aspirations to achieve, if they see the concept of death during war it may breed a nation of depressed gen y's.
Fine, walk the kokoda track, but forcing people to kill other people and to get themselves killed is an impeachemtn of the basic rights and freedoms of Australians.

Hell, what I'm getting at is that there's better ways of getting people to respect their nation more if you don't force them to do stuff that could get them killed or wounded. If anything, conscription could sow the seeds of discontent in the population (remeber Vietnam?)

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
fucken try and conscript me

i WILL take my rifle and kill cunts

would rather die like that than be forced to die for *whatever* reason the government decides

thats not saying i wouldnt volunteer, if we were invaded etc, but conscript me and we'll have a problem

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
yes but only for international peacekeeping operations approved by the un, or an appropriately awesome association like the league of democracies

spartan31234

HSC
Old ideals and new technology never mix....

We are in a time where boarders are set, pretty much every Major country in the world are dependent on their fellow countries as the GFC has shown. Today all out conventional war is never an option, as they would be fought with ICBM with nuke's and biological weapons ( hopefully not), thus conscription is pointless.

National service could promote discipline, but it is more likely to induce nationalism and send wrong messages to countries around us. I would rather see a country where people are creative and happy and do what right, as oppose to country where the culture is strict and where we are bound by expectations.

We better off if we concentrate on maintaining good relations with our allies and our neighbours.

o yea it would also help if the UNSC ( un security council) had a permanent army (not soldiers from developing nations)
and controlled a fairly decent nuclear arsenal.... just in case

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Old ideals and new technology never mix....

We are in a time where boarders are set, pretty much every Major country in the world are dependent on their fellow countries as the GFC has shown. Today all out conventional war is never an option, as they would be fought with ICBM with nuke's and biological weapons ( hopefully not), thus conscription is pointless.

National service could promote discipline, but it is more likely to induce nationalism and send wrong messages to countries around us. I would rather see a country where people are creative and happy and do what right, as oppose to country where the culture is strict and where we are bound by expectations.

We better off if we concentrate on maintaining good relations with our allies and our neighbours.

o yea it would also help if the UNSC ( un security council) had a permanent army (not soldiers from developing nations)
and controlled a fairly decent nuclear arsenal.... just in case
Lets just give up our soveriegnty and have a one-world Government???

Seriously, a nuclear armed UN??? Lets put a nuclear arsenal in the hands of a group which includes dictators, oppressive regimes, terrorist supporters, so on and so forth....

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Lets just give up our soveriegnty and have a one-world Government???

Seriously, a nuclear armed UN??? Lets put a nuclear arsenal in the hands of a group which includes dictators, oppressive regimes, terrorist supporters, so on and so forth....
And which has stood by to watch and even inadvertently aid infractions of International Law (Suez War) and placed brutal regimes into power (Kenya).

HSC
N/A
After I graduate im going to God's country and will fight against the Terrorists!

I cannot wait!

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Our 'Human Rights and Freedoms' get trodden on all the time e.g. anti-terror laws.
you're shitting me right?

"Our rights already get violated so why not some more ay??"

I don't see a problem with teaching people discipline, respect and service,
Me neither.

FORCING PEOPLE, then we have a HUGE problem.

if you take away a year or a couple from them.

See, you're TAKING it, you're controlling people, you're taking away their freedom.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Yeah pretty much - I see no problem in forcing people to learn skills, gain discipline and respect, and contribute back to society, even if it means we 'trample on their human rights'.

well you're a fuckin retard then

seriously if i get conscripted and i see you ill shoot you in the stomach

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
national service would be good, aleast people will get some displince and might be able to protect them selves more and might decrease crime.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
lol i'm joining the adf, and i don't think you'd have the balls
you won't have any after i'm done with you LOL

national service would be good, aleast people will get some displince and might be able to protect them selves more and might decrease crime.
OR...criminals become even more lethal, like in the US, gang member join the military and then use their training to commit crimes.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I want national service for anyone who doesn't go on to tertiary education. It can even have it's own slogan:

Give Darwinism a Helping Hand!

This would also tie in nicely with my elitist and arrogant outlook upon society.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
I'm all for conscription.

Oh, I'm unfit. I can't serve.

Have fun chaps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)