Should I ask for a result check??? (1 Viewer)

angelano33

HSC
After receiving my results this morning, I was shocked by my exam mark for ESL. I'm ranked first in my class, about 8-10 marks above the person who was ranked second.

I thought I would at least get a 92 for the HSC exam since I have been getting full or band 6 marks for my essays. Both my school teacher and my tutor expected me to get a high band 6.

However, I ended up with a 89/100 exam mark.

The more ridiculous thing is, the person who is ranked fourth in the class, ended up with a 96/100 exam mark. She hasn't been doing anywhere near well for the entire year and her English skills are definitely not a band 6, predicted by the teacher.

All my classmates are shocked by the result and so am I.

So, should I ask for a result check?? Is it possible that there's an error with the papers or anything like that?

Last edited:

astroman

HSC
its got to do with the people coming second beating u in the externals

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
After receiving my results this morning, I was shocked by my exam mark for ESL. I'm ranked first in my class, about 8-10 marks above the person who was ranked second.

I thought I would at least get a 92 for the HSC exam since I have been getting full or band 6 marks for my essays. Both my school teacher and my tutor expected me to get a high band 6.

However, I ended up with a 89/100 exam mark.

The more ridiculous thing is, the person who is ranked fourth in the class, ended up with a 96/100 exam mark. She hasn't been doing anywhere near well for the entire year and her English skills are definitely a band 6, predicted by the teacher.

All my classmates are shocked by the result and so am I.

So, should I ask for a result check?? Is it possible that there's an error with the papers or anything like that?
So im guessing your own exam mark was 82? Because your assessment mark would have been 96.

braintic

HSC
N/A
As long as the cost is not an issue, there is nothing stopping you asking for a check.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
No my own exam mark was 89/100, and assessment mark was 96.
Keep in mind this does happen quite a bit. It's not uncommon.

As long as the cost is not an issue, there is nothing stopping you asking for a check.
Pretty much this. If you think it is worth it, then you can do the clerical check (all they do is count up all your marks for each section again; they don't actually remark your paper or anything like that). However as I said above, this case is not uncommon and do make sure that you are ready in the case of a disappointment.

EpaX

HSC
Uni Grad
I have a similar issue; for english advanced, I got 85 for internals but 81 for externals, despite getting consistent solid B's (minus the one time I got 7/15 for creative) in school assessments and 80/105 in trials (~89-90 aligned?).

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
I should get my adv english checked (81) I dont feel as though it is right, I dont know

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
I have a similar issue; for english advanced, I got 85 for internals but 81 for externals, despite getting consistent solid B's (minus the one time I got 7/15 for creative) in school assessments and 80/105 in trials (~89-90 aligned?).
Hate to break it to you but this isn't an issue, your teachers were just more lenient than BOSTES

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Hate to break it to you but this isn't an issue, your teachers were just more lenient than BOSTES
Yeah there's this factor

Then there's the probability that you performed better in your internals than your externals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)