• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should I bother? (1 Viewer)

QAFluva

HSC
At about week 4 of Term 4 2004, my principal put me on extended leave, and I have been off school since then. Unfortunately I am currently in Year 12 and no teachers have sent work home for me so I am very behind on work. The principal says I shouldn't bother starting again with all my subjects because it will be too stressful, but do the HSC over 2 years. I don't really want to go to school again next year because I will be in a classroom with people I dont know and none of my friends will be at the school. Should I bother trying to catch up on the work?

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
QAFluva said:
At about week 4 of Term 4 2004, my principal put me on extended leave, and I have been off school since then. Unfortunately I am currently in Year 12 and no teachers have sent work home for me so I am very behind on work. The principal says I shouldn't bother starting again with all my subjects because it will be too stressful, but do the HSC over 2 years. I don't really want to go to school again next year because I will be in a classroom with people I dont know and none of my friends will be at the school. Should I bother trying to catch up on the work?
if you wanna do the HSC this year, you should obviously try to catch up on the work...

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Any reasons you're on extended leave?

If you had an unfortunate accident you can apply for special considerations. otherwise, you can always do pathways.

QAFluva

HSC
Eagles said:
Any reasons you're on extended leave?

If you had an unfortunate accident you can apply for special considerations. otherwise, you can always do pathways.
I was off school becuase I was being bullied by other students. What is pathways?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Surely that's a grounds for special consideration, provided the situation was no fault of your own which I presume it wasn't.

If you feel comfortable going back to school at this point in time, then I think you should attempt to complete your HSC this year. Even if you do decide to do it again in 2006, you'll already be familiar with at least some of the content, which will give you a considerable advantage.

HSC
If you really dont want to waste a year, spend those 2 weeks at a good 6 hours a day at least and catch up on your work, I missed out about 2 terms of chemistry work because I didn't pay any attention, and I spent an hour every night for a month and caught it up all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)