Should I choose Textiles for Year 11&12? (1 Viewer)

amatterra

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm in Year 10 and we'll be choosing our Year 11 subjects next term on week 2 and honestly, these 2 weeks of holidays are not a lot of time to think about the subjects I wanna choose... but I've been doing Textiles since year 9 and I absolutely love it.

The problem is... the other subjects I'm choosing are Maths Ext 1, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry and these subjects will take a lot of my time to study (and brainpower too)
So here's what I'm thinking; Textiles is more of a practical subject, and that would be great in contrast to all these STEM subjects I'm choosing -- but on the other hand, it has Major Projects too, which also takes time (not to mention the portfolios). So I greatly value your thoughts/opinions.

I know there aren't any subjects that require hard work, time, and energy but yea anyway.
Please reply if you can! Thanks, much appreciated.

vajayjay

HSC
Do textiles. If it's something that you really enjoy you will be motivated to complete it. It's better than choosing a different subject because of the workload, and then not even having the motivation to study for it.

spiderfan44

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm in Year 10 and we'll be choosing our Year 11 subjects next term on week 2 and honestly, these 2 weeks of holidays are not a lot of time to think about the subjects I wanna choose... but I've been doing Textiles since year 9 and I absolutely love it.

The problem is... the other subjects I'm choosing are Maths Ext 1, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry and these subjects will take a lot of my time to study (and brainpower too)
So here's what I'm thinking; Textiles is more of a practical subject, and that would be great in contrast to all these STEM subjects I'm choosing -- but on the other hand, it has Major Projects too, which also takes time (not to mention the portfolios). So I greatly value your thoughts/opinions.

I know there aren't any subjects that require hard work, time, and energy but yea anyway.
major projects arent too bad as long as you manage your time properly. everyone panics about it because they tend to push back working on their major because its a far off deadline, but as it gets closer ppl start to freak out. try dedicate 1-2 hours a week to your major project every week throughout the term and you should be alright.

having a non-intensive subject you enjoy a bit helps a bit bcuz you have a class you enjoy to break up the rest during the day. its helps take off the pressure a bit and makes things feel a bit less dreadful. i havent taken textiles but i take design and technology and the study for it is way less intensive than other subjects and a lot of it is kinda common sense stuff, id assume textiles would be similar but with more practial sewing knowledge.

iloveeggs

HSC
you should totally do it if you like it and will find ways to not procrastinate so you can cope with major works. i wish i did smth like textiles ngl but my school doesnt offer it

yonezwxu

HSC
Hey guys,

im doing it next year for leisure and i guess for myself bc i personally rlly like the subjects and sewing in general lol, i think ill treating it as an easier subject bc im planning to drop it before year12 anyways but i think you should go for it if you enjoy it and have units for it

amatterra

HSC
im doing it next year for leisure and i guess for myself bc i personally rlly like the subjects and sewing in general lol, i think ill treating it as an easier subject bc im planning to drop it before year12 anyways but i think you should go for it if you enjoy it and have units for it
yeaa so true, I might drop it too but idk not sure yet 😅

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)