Should I continue my law degree? (1 Viewer)

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys!
I enrolled in commerce law this year.

In sem 1, I dropped LAWS1052 because I felt so lost in class and technically didn't understand anything ! I was in such a pain as an oversea student.
So I just did the pure commerce core.

In sem 2, I did LEGT1710 on purpose to have a taste. Surprisingly I ended up quite enjoying it! Part of the reason is that the lecturer is the best lecturers so far, she explains things very carefully and thoroughly, especially i enjoyed her every lecture, including her way of illustrating the case. I benefited so much from her and developed a great interest in business law.
Language is not so much s problem , but The only problem is they don't offer any answer and its hard to do law question... Term WAM 83.25 for flexible commerce core including LEGT 1710.

Now I am not sure if I should do business law major or a law degree. Any advice ?

PS. Also I hate mark1012 but people say the later marketing course is fun, could anyone also shed some light ? Thanks

Last edited:

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
The thing with Foundations of Law is that it's mostly philosphical stuff. In most instances there isn't a correct answer. When you get to the later courses there are correct answers. Lecturers will usually say here are the elements of X.

It also depends on the lecturer. Some lecturers for law aren't that great but some are. My Foundations lecturer wasn't that great. I barely understood anything but when I did the later courses. I came across many fantastic lecturers.

I can't really suggest what you should do. That is a decision for you to make. Do what you will enjoy.

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
LEGT now TABL courses only are downhill from there. You'll wont get another lecturer like Leela.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)