• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should I defer for one year instead of choosing something i might regret? (1 Viewer)

Evilo

HSC
lollyluu said:
That's a good idea! Thanks :rolleyes:
No worries - however thats if you actually want to go to uni. Don't just choose uni because your friends are doing it/family is forcing you - cos then you'll just drop out. Uni will only work if you're keen and up for an experience.

If you don't want to go to uni - take up a trade (as mentioned above) - it benifits Australia and wages are alot better that a few years back.

Hint: Alot of unis will actually allow you to sit in a lecture or two this year so you know what the course is like. Obviously it will be a bit hard because you havent studied that course before, but at least you'll see the course/environment/general attitude of students :)

Evilo

HSC
3unitz said:
yeah i hear theyre hiring engineers straight from hsc, as long as their uai is above ~90
they've been doing that for a while. I have even heard of people who have been pulled out of year 10 to work in the mining industry. However there is no job security for these people - especially with no formal qualification.

JUSTINISANGLO

HSC
3unitz said:
yeah i hear theyre hiring engineers straight from hsc, as long as their uai is above ~90
Yeah I heard that too... I feel as if I've wasted the last three years!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Work, travel, love, laugh. Get some life experience, take a breath from the rote style HSC. Find your own voice, identify your moral framework, strongly relate this to the outcomes of your chosen degree. Gulp in the world before you digest it at university.

X

xeuyrawp

Iron said:
Work, travel, love, laugh. Get some life experience, take a breath from the rote style HSC. Find your own voice, identify your moral framework, strongly relate this to the outcomes of your chosen degree. Gulp in the world
I do all that now... =/

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol so do I. I think that the point of my post was to recite Climb Every Mountain, but I forgot

Evilo

HSC
3unitz said:
are you guys being serious? i was just being a dick.
lol nah its true - well i know for sure in the mining industry.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
I had a friend who enrolled into a course she wasn't particularly initially interested in but a year later, when time came to apply via UAC for the course that she wanted to pursue in year12, she said that she had "outgrown" her interest for her first preference back in 2006.

Is it possible for you to enroll in a course that is very very similar to the one you actually want to do?

Sometimes when you get out of the routine of attending school and move to full-time work, it's hard to get back into it.

Goodluck with whatever you choose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)