Should I do a mathematics bridging course? (1 Viewer)

Anthoneeyz

HSC
Hello everybody, I was just wondering if I should attend a bridging course for mathematics ? I'll be atttending MATH1131 Mathetmatics 1A in semester 1 as an undergraduate. I did advanced mathematics (2unit) at school and received a score of 89 for my HSC mark (completely bombed the external but did strong in school). I'm quite a quick learner with maths and sort-of confident in it also. So should I do it ? Why/why not?

CHEEERS.................:hammer:

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
u should be able to do 4u at uni, u dont need bridging u can learn ex1 and 2 at home.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
assumed knowledge: A combined mark of at least 100 in HSC Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1.

u got good in 2u, u can manage.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hello everybody, I was just wondering if I should attend a bridging course for mathematics ? I'll be atttending MATH1131 Mathetmatics 1A in semester 1 as an undergraduate. I did advanced mathematics (2unit) at school and received a score of 89 for my HSC mark (completely bombed the external but did strong in school). I'm quite a quick learner with maths and sort-of confident in it also. So should I do it ? Why/why not?

CHEEERS.................:hammer:
MATH1131 is work from Maths Extension 1 and Maths Extension 2 revised, plus some extra. You're probably best off taking a look at a few textbooks and learning the relevant parts while you're in summer break.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
revise over extension textbooks or get a private tutor for a few weeks.

Anthoneeyz

HSC
Anyone here on the forums who did 2unit and had done MATH1131 ? How'd it go for ya ?

At this point in time I don't think I'll be doing bridging, just ain't ready (classes start this monday from what I believe and I ain't ready). Probably read a few textbooks and revise as recommended by you guys!

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
idk about forums but my family friends sure have, they did not find it easy nor hard, they got passes. 60-70%

Alkanes

HSC
iJimmy you are clearly underestimating what this course entails.

Don't know if you've read news articles recently but a lot of lecturers in science and engineering are concerned at students entering in uni with very limited maths. Assumed knowledge in this course is 3U, but you only did 2U. I suggest you do a bridging course or learn 3U topics before uni starts.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
im pretty sure assumed is 3u and reccommended is 4u...lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)