• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should I do extension 1 english? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Heyy, so I'm about to pick my year 11 & 12 subjects and I don't know whether or not to do extension 1 english. My English teacher suggested I do it and I'm doing advanced english next year for sure. I'm currently 8th out of my grade in English and I got an A so if I really want to do it I should be able to get into the class. But is it worth it? After school I want to be a PE teacher or in the Navy or Police Force so I don't really think that extension english would do much for them. Would I be putting in all the extra work for no good reason or would it actually be worth it? I also got told that if I screw up advanced english's exam and I have extension english and don't screw it up only one unit of advanced will count towards my ATAR. Is this a good reason to do it? So how hard is it and is it really worth doing? Thanks :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you're coming 8th in your year, you should be capable of doing EX1. It's not too much harder than Advanced, and it many ways is actually more enjoyable.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Future-wise, EX1 may not help you much - but in the end, it comes down to enjoyment. If you like it, go for it - and you can always drop the subject later if it doesn't suit you. At least try it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)