Should i do Hamlet for RT? (1 Viewer)

bails

Im really not sure anymore, should i go with it or start learning a new text? Any opinions?:confused:

longinus

funny you should ask that (not really)

i was reading the marking notes from last year's exam and the markers rekon they dont like people using 2U texts in their 3U exams -- apparently it shows a lack of individual research

hope it helps :)

bails

But what else can i do? I so dont get the revengers tragedy, and high noon & the bank are already films, im lost and the test is in like 2 days

Hollie

dont stress- if u have to do hamlet then you have to do hamlet....but do u already have other related material cos you'll prob only need 2 anyway. I dont do ur module so i dont know really know what it is about...is their a poem you can do? how about a shakespearn sonnet?

Rahul

Dead Member
do not do hamlet...
mauybe look for a visual text[photograph] or even an article. not sure what ones, i dont do revenge tragedy.
good luck

devi

don't use hamlet. The markers think you're an idiot. never use a text which is a prescribed text for another topic.... NOT a good idea.

Roxy

look, i think you most definately can do hamlet, and that opinion is backed up by some pretty good evidence. firstly, the HSC markers last year noted a lack of use of hamlet in the ext english HSC exam, and complained about it (which pretty much means that markers approve u using this as a related text, after all its the greatest RT ever written) and secondly, it was taught by the teachers at my school as a related text, and last year the student who topped 3u went to my school.

Roxy

"taught" to the extent that we watched the kenneth brannagh version and discussed it as a group.

bails

its all good im not doin hamlet, but i hav just changed my mind again on related text with only 12 hrs to go....hmmm...im fuked

bails

hehe i meant ive studied my given, just not the related...but yeah im goin to crash soon so yeah wing it all da way

Rahul

Dead Member
ext enlish is all good.
you can do well if you understand your elective well and have made adn memorised specific points.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Yeah, if what they said is right, don't use Hamlet. Still, it would have been good to use Shakepspeare, because all English teachers are in love with him it seems (mine are).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)