• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

should i do law? (1 Viewer)

Kanny

HSC
i have a UAI of 99.3 yet i was rejected from medicine at UNSW, i did receive an offer at UWS but its just too far away, i live in eastwood/epping while it is in macathur. I have always been a science person, doing no social science subjects during my senior high school years, im pondering over engineeering/law, will i survive the law part having no previous experience?:mad1:

thanks

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Most courses begin with the basics so that people with no experience aren't simply pushed in at the deep end.

However, you shoud be doing what you want to do. If you enoy te sciences, you should be enrolling in a science course ...

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Geez your complaining i'll have to travel for 4 hours a day just to get to uni. You must have bombed umat then. Giving up on medicine already?

You will need to proficient/good at english for all that legalese and mooting.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Kanny said:
i have a UAI of 99.3 yet i was rejected from medicine at UNSW, i did receive an offer at UWS but its just too far away, i live in eastwood/epping while it is in macathur. I have always been a science person, doing no social science subjects during my senior high school years, im pondering over engineeering/law, will i survive the law part having no previous experience?:mad1:
mmm if you're really into med i don't see why you should give up your offer, travel or not. i did 3 hours per day for the last 10 years already.

in any case, if you're undecided, perhaps you should do commerce/law. i think it's the most versatile degree program ever.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
You can do B Science (Med Science) / Law at a few universities.

Kanny

HSC
sorry i might seem like an ass but i dont think a science degree has much calibre, hmmm i might still consider med sorry so indecsive

-pari-

HSC
N/A
so essentially you want to take something that will make your UAI worthwhile and that makes you look like you're of high calibre.

well then take law. despite the face that you'd be doing it for all the wrong reasons.

:eek:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
-pari- said:
so essentially you want to take something that will make your UAI worthwhile and that makes you look like you're of high calibre.

well then take law. despite the face that you'd be doing it for all the wrong reasons.

:eek:
I agree, it's a stupid thing to do. Do what you love, not what you think will make you look good. What you study at uni will form the basis of your career nd even though yo can probably expect to have a handful for career changes in your life, odds are that they'll all be rooted in whatever degree you did. If you want to do law purely because it looks good on your resume, you're going to be in for a rude shock. Employers are caring less and less about the degree ad the uiversity you got it from - because lots of people go to uni - and more about the skills you have. That's what makes you more employable, not the number you got at the end of year twelve.

Season

HSC
Frigid said:
if you're REALLY of the highest calibre, may i suggest MBBS LLB at Monash.

anything less and you're a softcock.
MBBS/LLB Monash = pain, apparently they have a hard time getting students for it because not many people are stupid enough to do both. The only reason to combine med with anything is to have a easy subject to chillax in.

Why not apply for medicine again? Take a gap year and devote time to the UMAT, and improving it. That's if you really want it... if not law is pretty nice in terms of job security, employers love to see that law degree on the table.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
if you're REALLY of the highest calibre, may i suggest MBBS LLB at Monash.

anything less and you're a softcock.
I want that course:shy:
Or Vet Sci/LLB as I'd be less likely to be sued as a vet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)