should i do law? (1 Viewer)

shattermenow

ive read about this subject, and it sounds interesting, like a subject that i would like to do (despite the high uai cutoff). problem is, im a very shy person, and i absolutely hate doing speeches/debates. does law include a lot of debates and discussion, and is everyone doing law wanting to be a lawyer? is there no point in doing this course if i dont want to be a solititor/barrister? thx

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well, the point of the LLB is to qualify you as a person who can understand, explain, and execute the requirements and restrictions of the law. That said, More lawyers go into fields other than private practice than do, especially now that large corporations require their own legal departments to look over every piece of documentation imaginable. :) Interacting with people is still an important part of the profession regardless of which branch you take, but with some effort you can probably learn to manage these vices. I can't say I'm an expert on the course (since I haven't even been accepted into uni yet) but I think you'll find that if you love a subject of study enough then your passion will help overcome any problems you have on the way, like this one. If you are passionate enough about what you are studying then you will learn to deal with your fears, inabilities or whatever. :)

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
you don't have to become a barrister or litigator if you don't want to. you can always do prep work and behind the scenes stuff, and still get paid just as well! :D:p

HSC
hmmm i was wondering wot do u do in law degree???
sometimes i hear its a very good degree but however its quite boring learning all the laws??:(

-confused hsc leaver:confused:

korry

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by zaijan_85
hmmm i was wondering wot do u do in law degree???
sometimes i hear its a very good degree but however its quite boring learning all the laws??:(

-confused hsc leaver:confused:
yeah like reading all the info and stuff makes it sound kinda boring...yet its such a popular course

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
if u got a high UAI but arent interested in reading about all the laws an stuff.. please dont do law, ur ruining it for everyone else.

sugared plum

HSC
like ppl who bitch about how shit essay writing is and then do law??

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
like ppl who do 4 unit maths and phys and chem and then do law??
But there is a combined Science/Law degree for a reason..

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
But there is a combined Science/Law degree for a reason..
yeah, i guess there is, though i wasnt referring to that.. more law on its own, however i find arts/law or com/law to be the most popular with people i know. i'm not really criticising anyone - more power to them for managing both science and law- just dont understand it myself, doing all those mathematical subjects to make it into an essentially humanities-based course.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yeah i agree... its annoying how my relatives keep bugging me to do law even though I doubt I'll like it that much. I did the maths science combo. gahhh...

Though i reckon the new HSC sciences are alot more related to humanities than mathematics...

korry

HSC
N/A
yeah i rkn too...there's so much like history and theory stuff...i mean u can take history if u like history...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)