Should I do this option module? (1 Viewer)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Hi,

My school does Quantum to Quarks for their HSC option topic, but I'm not really interested in that stuff to be honest... Well least to say, it doesn't sound interesting.

I however do have an interest in digital systems (like computers, sound mixing, etc). I'm known at my school for being a computer nerd -_-;;

Also, I love making circuits (and calculating all the variables) and all that kind of stuff that we've done in past Science/Physics electricity modules.

I don't like memorising many things, I like understanding concepts. I do Ext 2 Maths, and I enjoy doing calculations, so I'd prefer a topic with more calculations obviously.

So, I guess it comes down to, how does Quantum to Quarks compare with The Age of Silicon? I would be willing to put in the hard yards in studying this topic by myself. And most importantly, would you recommend doing it? I get around 2nd in my year for Physics at the moment.

Thanks

Last edited:

layzeehbum

HSC
if ur skul is doing q2q, den i guess its best if u do the same coz how is ur teacher going 2 teach different topics at the same time? unless if u r wiling 2 do ur own research and ask ur teacher for help at ur own private time. its time consuming....

ask the rest of the class if they also want 2 do the age of silicon. if the majority want to den tell ur teacher so that u guys can change the topic to the age of silicon.

wid my class, we hav a vote but we always do med phys anyway and so we stick with it. bsides i like med phys topic better than the rest. others seems way to hard for me =p

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Well you see, the reason they do Q2Q is because they think it's the best suitable topic for when we go to university or something.

And our class at the moment is 6 people... But there are 2 other classes of about 17 in each.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
If you decide take an option independently of your school, you might have to study Quanta to Quarks anyway, because more than likely, your school will set an assessment task on Quanta to Quarks. If the teachers know nothing about The Age of Silicon, they can't exactly set an alternative assessment, let alone mark them.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
My teacher has done electrical engineering in university, so I'd imagine he'd be able to mark it?

jordzy

HSC
hay dude. i understand your prediciment, i want to do medical physics as id prefer it for uni.

but what you need to understand is.

1. Q2Q basicly = nuclear physic, who the fuck doenst like nuclear physics????
2. i understand your want to do age of silicon, and we as a community keep saying " no, proberbly not a good idea". and you keep making reasons to say why it is a good option. it seems to me that you have already made your mind up on what your going to do, and you are just comming here for validation to say " yer u can totally do it your self!!", which you can.

Q2Q is easy, it will be better than you think, and why try to swim upstream? people do well at uni and dont evan do physics.

Cujo10

HSC
Uni Grad
Good module for electrical engineering

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)