Hi,
im in yr12 and currently studing these subjects
4U Maths 85
4U English 96
Chemistry 93
Physics 91
Ext Hist + Anc HIst. 93 + 89
Enginnering Studies 91

Im starting to break down ive finding it hard do keep up with my study load at the moment iam doing 5hrs study a day + 16 hours over the weekend- Iam looking at studing mechatronics at uni, My teachers are also saying i cannot handle all this work but do you reckon if i increase my study to 6 hrs a day and 20 hrs over the weekend i will be alright? opinions Please

Bookie

Banned
HSC
holy fuck youre smart.

YOUVE GOT 17 UNITS!

you wanna do mechatronics eh....so you probably wouldnt wanna drop engineering, even though thatd be my obvious drop of choice there. fark 17 units and youre good at them. 20 hours of study on the weekend? youll fucking die. Drop chemistry or engineering.

school4me

HSC
N/A
Id get rid of Ancient his and Ext history straight away, go in with 13 good units, with 4 unit maths and english plus chem likely to count, giving you something over 99. But 17 unit is way too excessive, get rid of thos ethree for starters and a nother subject if needed

kn1ghts

HSC
Thanks for the advice guys, iam pretty sure iam gonna drop ext + anc history as they are not needed for mechatronics in Uni but i must keep chemistry and engineering + keep getting over 90's for 3 and 4 unit maths Thanks do u think iam on track for a Uai over 95?

richz

getover urself we know ur smart

stop boasting about ur marks

lala2

Banned
HSC
I'm amazed you're keeping up 17 units with all but four units in the 90s. I'd concentrate on that 4U maths if I were you. 85 is good but it's like the blemish on your 90+ record. Another thing: it's good to keep engineering if you can improve, but it's worse than chemistry and chemistry you will definitely need for engineering of any sort, so chemistry is a must, while engineering studies is just a useful thing, but not assumed knowledge or prereq for engineering so keep that in mind--it's rather like legal studies and law.

P

pLuvia

xrtzx said:
getover urself we know ur smart

stop boasting about ur marks
lol

Well it seems you are doing good with your subjects, why not just keep the subjects until your trials or the next assessments and see how it goes

Riviet

HSC
N/A
kn1ghts said:
Im starting to break down ive finding it hard do keep up with my study load at the moment iam doing 5hrs study a day + 16 hours over the weekend- Iam looking at studing mechatronics at uni, My teachers are also saying i cannot handle all this work but do you reckon if i increase my study to 6 hrs a day and 20 hrs over the weekend i will be alright? opinions Please
No kidding, you must be about to fall dead on the floor from all that workload, 17 units is just way too much, considering that only 10 will count towards your UAI. Looks like history is the odd subject out, you won't be needing it if you're going to be doing mechanics in uni. Anyway, keep up that hard work, try to avoid burning out, I'm sure you can get that 99+ with those marks.

school4me

HSC
N/A
17 Units is a BIT SILLY, the day would be taken up by pure lessons, not even study, i would drop everything to about 10 or 11
and kill everything

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Think there was a girl from my school who did 16 units for her HSC and got an UAI in the 99s.

*dies*

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh i know an 04er who did 16 units and ended up with 99.95. Impressive stuff.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Rafy said:
yeh i know an 04er who did 16 units and ended up with 99.95. Impressive stuff.
wow, impressive indeed ! what subjects did he do by the way?

taki999

HSC
lol

Well it seems you are doing good with your subjects, why not just keep the subjects until your trials or the next assessments and see how it goes
Cause the poor guy has too many units anyways. It's just a waste of time studying some may units when i think if you drop ancient history and extension history he could get 99s.

Dude drop some with an extension. Just keeping all those subjects is gonna stress you out too much. I mean you can get more rest from doing it insted of morning classes of arvo class on top of your 5 hrs study..

Gangels

HSC
kn1ghts said:
Hi,
im in yr12 and currently studing these subjects
4U Maths 85
4U English 96
Chemistry 93
Physics 91
Ext Hist + Anc HIst. 93 + 89
Enginnering Studies 91

Dropping a subject sounds like it is going to save your sanity. If you drop something which takes up a period, what have you got then? A study period. That will take at least an hour out of your study day. Maybe it would be better if you drop two though, They want you to learn, NOT DIE. I beleive that if you push yourself too hard in high school, thats what the rest of your life will be like. But hey, you sound smart enough to be Stephen Hawkings apprentice, minus the chair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)