Should I drop English Ext 2

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

aqwerty13402

HSC
I really don't know if I should continue with 4U English, or just drop down to 3U. I'll keep this pretty short. I'm ranked 1st at the moment, having only done the Viva with a mark of 80%. My teachers/mentor believe that my Major Work has band 6 potential too. Thats pretty much where the good news stops. I have zero motivation to continue the subject, and it constantly drains my motivation to focus on other subjects too, which is a major red flag. My dilemma is that it scales pretty well, and if i DID commit to it, and get a band 6, it would push me that little step closer to my atar needed of 96 (Which will be a struggle to achieve regardless.) I just really can't decide and I need some help or at least advice.

Everyone I've spoken to just says the same stuff about me ignoring marks and doing what my gut tells me. But my gut is completely torn.

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
I really don't know if I should continue with 4U English, or just drop down to 3U. I'll keep this pretty short. I'm ranked 1st at the moment, having only done the Viva with a mark of 80%. My teachers/mentor believe that my Major Work has band 6 potential too. Thats pretty much where the good news stops. I have zero motivation to continue the subject, and it constantly drains my motivation to focus on other subjects too, which is a major red flag. My dilemma is that it scales pretty well, and if i DID commit to it, and get a band 6, it would push me that little step closer to my atar needed of 96 (Which will be a struggle to achieve regardless.) I just really can't decide and I need some help or at least advice.

Everyone I've spoken to just says the same stuff about me ignoring marks and doing what my gut tells me. But my gut is completely torn.
no

Atheist/agnostic slayer

HSC
N/A

Yes I believe so.

liamkk112

HSC

if u can't do well in all ur subjects collectively then it's hard to get an atar of 96, you're better off performing consistently in all subjects instead of only getting a band 6 in english (even if it was 100/100) so if the subject makes it hard to do that then it's better to drop it.

lolcti

HSC
N/A

drop if you don't believe in urself

aqwerty13402

HSC
erm i still havent dropped this yet bc i cant decide. I've put in like 3 hours of work since i originally posted this thread :frown2:

kingpalindrome

HSC
if you're still not enjoying it, drop it. unless you're willing to put in work you're not going to get an E4. I was first internally too but my actual MW was crap and i got a pretty average mark, so it didn't end up counting towards my atar. I enjoyed it so i don't regret not dropping but if you're not enjoying it, don't let it take time away from other subjects

aqwerty13402

HSC
if you're still not enjoying it, drop it. unless you're willing to put in work you're not going to get an E4. I was first internally too but my actual MW was crap and i got a pretty average mark, so it didn't end up counting towards my atar. I enjoyed it so i don't regret not dropping but if you're not enjoying it, don't let it take time away from other subjects
im gonna talk about dropping with the teacher when we go back on tuesday. thank you :redface:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)