Should I drop IPT? And go down to 10 Units? (1 Viewer)

Felix-x34

Asylum Request Pending
HSC
Hey there,

YR12 atm, doing 12 Units, that includes; ENA, BUS, LEG, MOD, DRA and IPT.

I am finding the workload pretty hefty, so i while back I started thinking about dropping IPT.
I am getting 80%+ in all my subjects except for IPT, which i average 50%, but I know I can get more if i actually study for it.
But since I am going well in my other subjects, im thinking maybe i should drop IPT? My only concern is that (For some reason) it may be detrimental to me?
I dont know... Just the '10 units concept' dosnt seem appealing to me because the people that do 10 units at my school are the low-achievers. And also because our principal said something about 12 UNIT people tending to get higher UAI.

Anways, I would appreciate it if folks could help me decide whether to drop or keep. And possibly debunk or proove the idea that 12UNIT people are superior?
Cheers,

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
firstly, your principal is an idiot. that may very well be a fact, but the way s/he's saying it isn't true at all. of all the people i know who got 98+ in their hsc i'd say a good 3/4 only did 10units.

i quite like my 10u because i know i can't mess any of them up so there's an incentive to study hard.

if i were in your position i'd keep ipt and see how well i went in the 1/2yrly with decent study. <85% and i'd drop it, but that's just me ;o

Prosper

HSC
IPT is pretty easy. I didn't do that much study for it when I accelerated in computing and I got a band 6. We only had 6 people do IPT last year at our school, 5 were accelerated. The girl who ranked first was in my grade (i.e. also accelerated) and she ended up third in the state. Quite impressive really, and because we had good students sitting the exam we had 4 of us hit 90s in our exam and one high 80s and one low 80s. I had 90 assessment (I was ranked 4th, should have been 3rd but the kid sneaked past in an assessment, I worked out we were one mark apart and we got equal marks in the trial) and 92 for exam.

ITS AN EASY SUBJECT!!!

I reckon you should keep it, but up to you!

flicka08

HSC
i wouldn drop it, something drastic might hapen and you flunk in one of your other subjects, it would pay keep just incase!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)