• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

should i drop ipt? (1 Viewer)

HSC
i'm in yr 11 and i'm thinking of dropping ipt for biology atm, should i do it or drop it when i get to yr 12 or keep it as a backup? plz hurry cos i need to know by tomorrow!!!

HSC
i currently have 12 units. my other subjects are english advanced, maths adv. chemistry, legal studies and studies of re 2u. is it ok to drop 2 units if i don't get bio?

Gemstone

Okay don't know if you still need this info now but hey.

Okay well year in year 11 so you have to have 12 units. You can drop to 10 at the end of year 11. I think the decission is really up to you. If you don't like the subject and you like Bio better than drop IPT if not don't. Don't drop just because you think Bio scales better because you'll findout latter that scale is a little more complicated than that.

Hope that helped if you still need it.

Gemma

Gemstone

You know you can do the subjects you like through OHS if you want. Go talk to your school about doing it that way if you want to.
Gemma

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
mmm...no its not crappy....if u like and are good at computers than do IPT, as u'd do well...it will help ur UAI go UP!

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
if u don't like ipt , go ahead n drop it , but if u like it n r confident of doing well in it, then keep it.

Gemstone

Do people think IPT is hard because I don't have a really big knowledge of computer (well other than what most kids know) and I think it's a really easy course. Although that might be because i'm comming top atm.

Gemma

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
some people can do without an aptitude in IPT...prolly cos they have learnt computers along the way ....sorry dont have an explaination really as i did well as i loved it!

super_moron

drop it! NOW WHILE U HAVE THE CHANCE!!! im in yr12 now and im totally regretting not changing subjects...i would have just dropped it but my school has a f^*ked policy about all students doing 12 units in yr12...so when i tried to drop it, the deputy gave me a lecture about how im trying to increase my social life??...and said i couldnt drop it unless my parents came in for an interview...and because my parents dont really want me to drop it anyways, they wont come in to see him and im stuck with it :mad:

HSC
thanks for all your suggestions! unfortunately however, i can't get out of ipt due to clashes in the courses that i really want to get in while all the subjects that align with the same time as ipt are the ones that i don't like to get in at all. besides, i hate changing to different teachers cos atm, the subject teachers i've got are really supportive and experienced.so i'm sticking to it until the end of yr 11 and by then i might think about whether i should drop it or not. but thanks anyway for your suggestions :)
(i hate clashes)

DopeyB

HSC
drop that bitch!!
It's a fucken boring ass subject and I honestly regret choosing this wang.
It's sooo borrrrrring! Do i honestly give a toss about the 7 information processes??

nick86

its a crap course, I won't use it for anything. the teacher is really dodgy, hasn't got a clue. but only a couple of months left of school so i am stuck with it and the other crap courses im doing :(

HSC
so it's ok to drop it even though it's gonna leave you with 10 units of your current subjects left? (i'm still in yr 11). like is it safe for instance of the UAI in case you're doing crap in other courses?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
so it's ok to drop it even though it's gonna leave you with 10 units of your current subjects left? (i'm still in yr 11). like is it safe for instance of the UAI in case you're doing crap in other courses?

rofl stick with it... because you can drop it at the end of term 3... stay in it for a little longer, its a very easy subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)