Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Don't Drop

Votes: 25 83.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Pablo_35

HSC
Hello members of BOS !
Currently doing Mathematics Extension 1, knowing that it will never make it into my 10 best units, should i drop it?

Some factors i am considering right now:
  • I wish to get into an engineering course when i graduate, and in most universities it is recommended that i do ext 1 mathematics.
    • this made me want to keep it and do the best i can until hsc is over, then i can have some knowledge while taking a bridging course for it at university.
  • Drop it and focus on my best 10 units and then take the bridging course at university.
  • Not sure if keeping it would make me a more preferred candidate in receiving an offer from universities.

dasfas

HSC
You should definitely keep MX1 if you want to be an engineer. Also, you've nearly finished your trials, so what is the point of dropping it so late. You've learnt nearly all the content already.

Pablo_35

HSC
Keep. Maths can always be improved, open up a textbook and begin grinding out the topics you're weak on. There's still some time, and then past paper till the HSC.
Engineering is a maths infested degree. Hell most of the mathematics you do and learn in engineering is 4 unit. DO NOT DROP IT.
You should definitely keep MX1 if you want to be an engineer. Also, you've nearly finished your trials, so what is the point of dropping it so late. You've learnt nearly all the content already.
alright thanks guys !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)