Should I drop Maths? (10 units) (1 Viewer)

swifty13

HSC
Hi guys
I was hoping someone would be able to give me some advice. I do 12 units currently and I am only ranked just average for maths. I am doing better in my other subjects (Ext Eng, Business Studies, Eco, Adv Eng and Biology) and was considering dropping maths before my half yearlies so I wouldn't have to worry about it. (My half yearlies are 2 weeks away) But since I enjoy eco and business, I was considering doing a commerce degree at uni which would involve maths so I'm not sure if I should drop it or not!

I really wanted to drop it so I haven't actually kept up with my maths work for the past two weeks since I thought i would drop. if I keep it I will probably be dying for the half yearlies... but if I don't do maths, it might be hard for me at uni.

Last edited:

Cl324

HSC
N/A
If your average dont drop maths. SERIOUSLY!!
Id assume youd be looking into UNSW if you want a commerce degree and they give 2 bonus points for bands 5/6 and 1 point for band 4. DO not drop unless you reallly reallly reallly hate it and think your going to get less than band 4. Maybe drop bio or something if you have to.

Also commerce doesnt necessarily involve maths. Depends more on the major you pick.

swifty13

HSC
thanks for your help :)
I'm thinking of not dropping maths now I'm just thinking I might not be able to cover everything by half yearlies as I haven't even started revising year 11 work and it's two weeks away... Also, I'm worried if I spend all my time on maths, I won't do as well in my other subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)