• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should i drop to 10 units (1 Viewer)

gshami

HSC
Hi guys,

I'm currently doing 12 units and am thinking of dropping to 10. The subjects i do are:
Advanced english.
General maths.
Economics.
Business.
Chem.
Bio.

I want to drop maths, 1 the class is is is very roudy, 2 the teacher is hopeless, 3 i hate it, and it is my worst subject. I want to do pharmacy at sydney and i realise that it requires math. Regardlesss if i drop or keep the subject i will be doing a bridging course. I just want to know if its a bad idea droping. The upside is that i get free periods, which i currently don't have, plus no homework, assessments exams ect.

Last edited:

hairspray

HSC
Choosing to drop to 10 units is a HUGE deal. If you are totally confident with the 10 units you are deciding to keep then go for it. Personally, i would do 12 units for the HSC because even though there is extra work involved in doing 12 units, having them is great for back up. =)

gshami

HSC
Yea well i don't try for maths because i can't concentrate in the class and i would rather focus on chemistry and ecos as they scale more significantly. Its a pickle of a situation.

HSC
if you're not concentrating (which makes it hard to understand the work), then it's useless as a backup... i had the same situation as you (different subjects though), and i haven't regretted dropping maths, but that may not be the same for everyone.. so you might want to get advice from your teachers first.

a word of warning, though. unless you're really committed, you'll bludge during most of the frees. but the lack of homework and assessments does make a difference to stress levels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)