Should i drop to 10 units?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
My current decision is whether to drop legal. I currently do english advanced, math, ext 1 math, ext 2 math, legal, french and textiles. I HATE legal and im average at it, with ALOT of work i could maybe pull a 90% in the hsc. I really want to drop it but im nervous about what will happen if i bomb out in ext 1 or 2.

any advice?

Vanquisher

HSC
I'm in the same situation 12 units with 4u maths but instead of legal I'm doing economics. I absolutely hate economics and struggle with it heaps pretty sure I'm coming last lol. I've been told to keep 12 units at least until the 2nd assessment to see how your 4u marks are and then decide from there. If you're unsure I think it's best to keep 12 units until you are comfortable with the marks you're getting in 4u.

Syco_Yeti

HSC
If you’re above 75% extension 1 and 2 and all your other units are at least as strong as Legal then drop it. Also consider where you want to go in future :)
Just remember the extension units will kill you if you’re not on top of them

tactix

HSC
I dropped to ten units during my hsc because I was for certain that I would put more work into the ten counted units. If you’re not sure that you will do well with the other ten units then you should have legal as a backup.

However considering the fact that you hate legal and that you’re doing better at your other subjects then it’s probably best to drop to ten (and then you have extra time to focus on ten units only). But this is your decision, and personally it was the best decision I made during my hsc.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
How does your school typically perform in the HSC for each respective subject?

Teacher quality?

What do you want to do in the future?

How are you performing in other subjects?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)