Should i drop to general maths? (1 Viewer)

kevin321

HSC
currently im doing adv maths and i got 40% in my last test
my rank in maths is about 90/130
and my school rank is 140 but i havent been trying really hard in maths
wondering should i just drop to general maths and save the trouble?

Skeptyks

HSC
Maybe 'try' over the holidays and do a few practice advanced math tests and mark yourself. If you are still getting say under 60%, I suggest you should drop.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You're getting smashed in Advanced Maths without trying. If you try, you should get to top 50. If not, well, I doubt General Maths is going to be of any benefit.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
How'd everyone else go in that test? Given your rank i'd say no. You may find general too easy.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Instead of dropping a unit, try and find a way to re-motivate yourself.

Maybe you could start a study group with some of your friends and try and teach each other?

amanda222

HSC
N/A
I find with Maths it is more about the revision aspect. My problem is I get the concept instantly and have no problem with it but I then get bored because it feels like a waste of time...Whe it comes to tests I know I can do i I just can't remember. Even if you do 20-30 minutes a day just revising the concepts and remembering them-you will see definite improvement. I did a small amount of revision for Prelim and it helped so much

xx

thorax94

HSC
If you are planning on dropping to general math you have to pretty much have to get 85%. I would try and hold advance for another assessment and make your decision then.

I know it's a bit daunting studying for math because of the large text book but the next best thing is going through past papers and then doing chapter reviews on the kind of questions you don't get. I can't study math like I do with other subjects (go through the text book page by page, syllabus dot point by dot point). That's what I find simplest for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)