• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

should i drop? (1 Viewer)

besfrans

HSC
ok i do
advanced English
2U maths
Business Studies
Jap Continuers
BIology
Pd

but when i become yr 12 im going to do extention japanese. So altogether it'll be 13units...
so then i thought ....well only 10 units count..plus 2unit is from english so thats 4 other subjects...
but the thing is i like japanese,busineess studies...and maths,bio is just..average... but i think doing 13units is like gonna kill me!! i think i can do it but i dont want the"big pressure"...
so im thinking i should drop either bio or pd....

well they both have pros n cons but not sure....so should i drop a subject?:idea:

ameher

HSC
if i was u i'd keep biology, the year 12 course is awesome, by the way what do u wanna do after the hsc? what career plans? n yep drop a subject i think because i personally had 13 units, (dropped chemistry) and now em rippin my subjects due to more time on them.

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
PD gets hammered in the scaling (according to my dad who's a teacher, but he is a history teacher therefore biased). it really all depends on what you want post HSC, i know personally i'm gonna keep 12 units through yr12 incase i bomb out on a course.

besfrans

HSC
yeh i was thinking PD ...coz its like so low for scacling...but if i do good it'll be ok .,,wouldnt it?
i like all of my subjects but i hate the fact that i'll be doing 13 units ==''' which will be like time consuming!!!!~
well im thinking of doing business course in uni.. so yeh im not sure> . <

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
i cant think of how PD would help in business at uni.
then again BIO wouldn't help in business at uni also.

so from that i'd gather that whatever one of the two you choose will simply be a subject to get as big a UAI from as possible. and id say BIO would be the one which delivers more so.

my experiences of pre year 11 PD [year 10] was 'drugs are bad, teenage girls cut themselves, its more muscles to frown than smile, all the worlds problems can be solved with volleyball'.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Keep 13 units for now and drop later on in year 12 if you find you are doing shit in a subject.

angewah

HSC
i would say drop PD,
why does PD get scaled so terribly ?
i mean its not hard but its not as easy as people think..

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
yup definitely drop PD. The scaling compared to Bio is bad and according to my friends, the Year 12 Bio course is awesome. So stick with Bio. I also think from seeing the stress of my PD friends, PD is a very demanding subject, more so than Bio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)