Should i fight the charge? (1 Viewer)

synthesized

HSC
N/A
short story, i got flashed doing 105 in a 60 zone by a parked commo.

3 weeks later the coppa visits my house. wasn't home but left a message, so i took myself to his cop shop where he informed me about my charge.

officially, since i was 45km/h over the limit, i should be charged for dangerous driving. he tells me they will drop the charge to 'excessive speed' which carries a penalty of 6 months suspension and $500 fine.

is there any way i can dispute this and receive a lesser charge which carries no suspension? and what are my chances of winning if i do this?

Jiga

Fight a charge when you've been given a lesser charge... that sounds logical. By all means fight it... and see the penalties doubled.

Pace_T

HSC
you should be jailed for driving 45km/h over the limit!
and if you challenge it but lose (which is very likely), you're going to get a much larger penalty.

synthesized

HSC
N/A
i should've mentioned, that had my speed been 1km/h less, i would have just received a fine and no suspension. hence the reason for considering taking it to court.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
you fuckwit. i hate cunts who make threads like this. you have no grounds on which to contest the charge. the only way you'd have a chance of keeping your licence is if you go to court and prove you need your vehicle for work (and that'd have to mean there would be no other means of transport - including public transport - available to you, and even then there's only a slight chance they'd reinstate your licence and if they did you'd be on zero points)
so pretty much, you're fucked, just accept the fine etc and realise it could have been worse.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
synthesized said:
i should've mentioned, that had my speed been 1km/h less, i would have just received a fine and no suspension. hence the reason for considering taking it to court.
So? Your speed wasn't 1km/h less. What exactly would going to court achieve? Do you have any evidence to suggest that the speed camera was wrong? If not, all you'll do is waste your money and end up with a higher penalty.

synthesized

HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
Something about this is not right. Why did the cop not pull you over immediately? Have they notified you that they have video evidence. If it is just your word against the cops, by all means contest it.
something about it didn't seem right to me either.

my story goes, i saw the commo parked on the side of the road looking very suspiscious and i considered the possibility it was a coppa even before i passed it. dismissing this thought as paranoia (since it was 9pm on a sunday in a backwater town in the countryside), i started flooring it (was at the edge of the town and about to enter a 80 zone). however, i noticed my speedo reached 100 much sooner than i expected, and instinct told me to brake just in case that commo behind me was a cop. milliseconds later i saw the flash in my mirror.

so, i did reach ~100 at some point, however i am certain i started braking BEFORE the flash, which would have brought me down to, i estimate, 80-85, maybe 90, at the instant the camera flashed.

the cop showed me a pic of my car with 105 as the recorded speed. i asked to see the rest of the documents relating to the matter but he wouldn't show me anything else.

**note that 45km/h over is the point at which 'excessive speed' becomes 'dangerous driving', and i happened to be charged with exactly 45km/h over.

as such my feeling is that the cop estimated my speed, and he either did not have any solid evidence, and/or did not want the hassle of a court challenge so dropped my charged automatically.

so if i was in fact doing at most 35km/h over the limit, as i believe i was, then i should not be facing a suspension.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
it doesnt matter what speed you were doing when the camera flashed
the speed camera could have detected you seconds earlier

StuntManonFire

Urban Myth
HSC
Even if you were only doing 90ish in the 60 zone you are still a retard. You deserve a suspension.
No way in hell you will get off it, and if you contest it they will fuck you over big time.
And yet we all suffer from these new P-plate laws because fuckwits seem to think that going 30k's over the limit is alright.

7th Sign

HSC
so they never pulled you over,

did they have proof and the reeding on the radar that you were doing the speed?

some cops are heaps dirty, I was pulled over one night at about 2am and this cops was like mate just got you on video going 140 in a 80 zone, I am like WTF I was sitting right on the speed limit I had other people in the car as well they were all like nah its true, he is like your lieing to me and all this shit, I got please show me proof on video you have the wrong car and he is like no I don't blue integra sports car is the right car, Im like show me the proof please, he goes off to his car for 10 mins comes back and goes your lieing arnt you...I am like NO...then he goes have a nice night you can go...

funny thing is they have obviously pulled over the wrong car and had no proof at all it was me, they just see a sports car and they they can do what they like to trap the owners.

Its like undercover cars that entice street racing via entrapment.

Theri are alot of dirty cops out their who act un ethical every day you jsut need to be nice and tell then you want to see proof.

but seeing you have admitted every thing on a public forum your chances are next to none of winning the case.

Just take it to court see what happens...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
just accept that you were being a retard and cop the punishment. saying that you didn't expect there to be a cop because it was a sunday evening in the country doesnt excuse you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)