Should I get a new monitor? (1 Viewer)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
My 17" LCD Monitor (BenQ Q7T3) was continuously resetting itself every second. Even with the computer turned off and signal cable removed, the monitor repeatedly shows the "spash screen". Pressing the power button on the monitor doesn't have any effect! My early conclusion is that the monitor may be overheating or the air is too humid.

After waiting for couple of hours the power button appeared to work. The status light can detect whether the signal cable is connected or not (Green/Orange) but now the screen wouldn't show anything. It's continuously black. I'm not sure if this progression from the earlier problem just meant that it is overheating or it has just gone worse.

If it's gone worse I guess I need to buy a new monitor else I'll just have to wait.

Sorry for any misspellation or incorrect grammar written as I'm using my TV as a monitor and it's blurry as hell :(

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Yes my monitor is an LCD type using normal non-DVI cable. Well now it's being repaired anyways, since it's still under warranty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)