Should I get a tutor after my exchange? (1 Viewer)

evasharman

HSC
Right now I'm on exchange in Belgium to learn French, and I have been since mid-August. (missed some of term 3 and term 4 of year 10.)

I was wondering if it would be advisable get a tutor for any of these subjects: (for the content I've missed)
English Advanced
Modern History (does the last semester of year 10 have relevance? I only did one history test and got 30/30 but I'm worried that maybe I missed some important content or background information?)
Biology
Geography
French Continuers (i think not)
SOR2

My school ranking is 249 and on my last report I got 6 A's (Maths, English, Geography, Science, French, Music) and 2 B's (P.E. and R.E.)
:awesome:
Thanks in advance :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't really think you need a tutor right now, because English Advanced you will be learning different modules so you are not really missing out on anything, for a lot of the courses you selected, the junior school equivalent would probably be quickly covered in the course you are about to learn anyways, and you will only be tested on what is in the syllabus. I think all you really need to do right now is if you want, to read ahead on some of the preliminary textbooks for these subjects to get a feel for what the subjects like. Then if you happen to struggle with any subjects during year 11, then perhaps consider tutoring as an option.

It sounds like you had a wonderful time going on the exchange! Hope you have an enjoyable and productive summer holiday-hope this helps and any more questions, welcome to PM me-Happy New Year!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)