Should I get a tutor? (1 Viewer)

anhstop

HSC
Hi! I'm currently in year 10 and am wondering if I should get a tutor next year for when I do maths ext or is it not necessary. I usually get good grades for math usually getting 85-100% on the exams but that's probably only because I go through past papers a day or two before exams to revise on the topic. If you made me do a test without any revising beforehand I would probably fail since my overall math skills aren't that great imo. The stuff we learn in class literally goes in the ear and out the other since I hate the class environment (a really loud class of 32 and a teacher that speaks lightning fast, she's literally rapping numbers and i have no idea what she's saying most of the time), the way my math teacher teaches doesn't work that well for me and get headaches when I try to listen in class.

Do you recommend me getting a tutor for math next year or is it unnecessary and I can still get good marks by studying on my own?

p.s I used to go to ngo and sons in year 7-8, I really did not like the place although they had great lessons - I didn't like the environment (the teacher would randomly scream specific words to emphasis it and the whole class would jump from the jump scare, super quiet class literally everyone was afraid to cough lol, had no friends there since all my classmates went to the same school while my school was far away and most of them were introverted), took too long to get there and the things I learnt were never put to use since my school had a different timetable and whenever I used the shortcuts i learnt from there i would lose marks bc my school wanted the exact method that they taught to be used... so basically it was kinda pointless since i wasn't using anything i learnt there at school.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Why don't you wait till you've done a term or two of Yr 11 and see how you go. If you're coping fine, then you don't need a tutor. If you are not doing so great, or the maths is not being well-taught in your class, then you can consider getting a tutor.

idkkdi

HSC
Why don't you wait till you've done a term or two of Yr 11 and see how you go. If you're coping fine, then you don't need a tutor. If you are not doing so great, or the maths is not being well-taught in your class, then you can consider getting a tutor.
Ye, who needs a tutor.
Cambridge book is actually lit. It's actually surprisingly rigorous. Props to the Sydney Grammar PHD teachers.
But if you can't think, which is a surprisingly hard thing to do, you probably want a tutor to teach you how to think.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Ye, who needs a tutor.
Cambridge book is actually lit. It's actually surprisingly rigorous. Props to the Sydney Grammar PHD teachers.
But if you can't think, which is a surprisingly hard thing to do, you probably want a tutor to teach you how to think.
Ayeee wtf is with those enrichments!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)