Should I go to MUNA?? (1 Viewer)

just_a_lamb

HSC
Since my home-group teacher says that MUNA might get you a few extra ATAR marks, I'm wondering should I go to MUNA or not.
I'm an outgoing person, like talking to current issues and I like public speaking as well.

Can anyone give me some advices about it.

Thanks a lot
Justin

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You can try it out if you are interested. Is there anyone in your school who has done MUNA and who you can talk to?

Rockmelt

HSC
It's fun and all, good to meet new people and all that, but it is not going to get you a "few extra ATAR points", and if that's the only reason you're keen- wouldn't recommend.

nsp

HSC
You should definitely give it a go. My team won the regionals and got to nationals in 2012, if we won that it could have given us ATAR points, even though it didn't MUNA has been one of the most outstanding things on my resume. It's also a really good thing to talk about in interviews for jobs, scholarships etc. It's not all about ATAR points, you gotta be well-rounded too. :)

klee98

HSC
How on earth does it contribute to your ATAR?

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Hey! I've been to the national finals for MUNA twice and placed second in 2013. It was one of the best experiences I had in high school, I really recommend it. While I don't think you'll get any bonus points for doing it it definitely looks good applying for scholarships. PM me if you want to know any more details.

just_a_lamb

HSC
Thanks all for your advice, I have decided to have on MUNA.

P.S I can drop it anyway at anytime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)