Should I Handwrite or Type My Notes for HSC Chemistry/Physics? (1 Viewer)

enip

HSC
Hi everyone,

We just released a short guide to help you decide whether you should handwrite and type your notes 😊

https://scienceready.com.au/blogs/h...vs-typing-notes-for-hsc-chemistry-and-physics

Like always, ask any questions below!
Hi, do you think that writing notes provides value if I don't even look at my book when reviewing but instead look at the powerpoints of the course. And are there suggestions to help provide value to notes in this case? thanks

scienceready

HSC
I believe there are many reasons to write notes even if reviewing Powerpoint slides seems to be enough right now.

Writing your own notes in your own words will help you remember where content belongs. Using your teachers' powerpoints may be sufficient in the beginning but will become very difficult later on when you have more than a couple of Powerpoints to review. Content on Powerpoint slides won't be in the format and layout that suits your learning and recall; you need to reformat them in your notes.

I doubt the powerpoints will provide exhaustive information on the syllabus. You should always try to learn and gather information from multiple sources, and yours notes is the synthesised version of information from these sources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)