should i help my cohort? (1 Viewer)

kevin321

HSC
if i was among the top marks in like general maths and standard english, should i help my cohort do better?
or should i leave them alone and strive for the highest rank i can get?

workshops

HSC
After your trials! Get ur internal rankings up first... U may want to help someone who is sturggling hard (as they will drag you down in terms of "Z-score" when calculating your ATAR) but I wouldn't help ur competitors! Bascially it's better if you minimise the gap between the 1st mark and the last mark, whilst scoring the best internal rankings possible. So after your trials and your internal finalised, you should def go and help your cohort!

Corvid

HSC
N/A
Yes, but not to the point where it impairs you.

-Teaching others helps you learn really well. Its one of the most efficient ways of reinforcing knowledge. (processing facts and stuff helps you reinforce it)
-If you help others, they'll help you back. Maybe share resources and help you with problems you might have. Its not just one sided!
-Being surrounded by smarter people lifts up your game. It increases competition (a big source of motivation) and raises the standards you hold for yourself.
-At the very least, it gives you 'mark insurance' if you mess up your externals! (due to the way all that internal ranking shebang works)

Anyway, why have a crab mentality where you help only yourself and sabotage others? Is that the kind of mentality you want to carry through your whole life and your career?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)