Should i learn Arabic or Indonesian? (1 Viewer)

Rachael325

HSC
Please guys i am desperate for your opinions and advice. I have to decide by the end of the weekend if i want to study arabic or indonesian at uni. I've been thinking about it so much and i cant decide. I want to do both equally as much but which do you think would be more useful (particularly as i am hopefully headed towards working in foreign affairs). I already speak french if that makes any difference.

So please help me urgently - Arabic or Indonesian?

rhia

salty
HSC
Rachael325 said:
Please guys i am desperate for your opinions and advice. I have to decide by the end of the weekend if i want to study arabic or indonesian at uni. I've been thinking about it so much and i cant decide. I want to do both equally as much but which do you think would be more useful (particularly as i am hopefully headed towards working in foreign affairs). I already speak french if that makes any difference.

So please help me urgently - Arabic or Indonesian?
indonesian, so you can translate for all of the drug smugglers. jk.

personally i would also study the language which would be most 'in demand' in regards to the field you'd like to work in... do we have more relations with arabic speaking countries or indonesian? will this be the same situation in the future? i don't know the answer to that myself... hopefully someone more knowledgable here does?

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Well if you want to learn an easy language; pick Indonesian....piss easy!
We had to 'learn' it in yr7 & 8...i didnt study hardly at all & i still passed it with flying colours! "Saya Nama" "My Name"....though could be spelt wrong:)

Though i think Arabic would be more useful in the foreign affairs;)

Last edited:

sly fly

HSC
I'd go for Arabic because it's spoken in many countries (eg: Lebanon, Iraq, Saudi, UAE, Bahrain, Jordan, Syria etc etc) whereas Indonesian is only spoken in Indonesia as far as I'm aware (?).......Arabic is a hard language, but it's easier than English!

X

xeuyrawp

I'd go for Arabic for two reasons:
1. It's quite 'useful', 'relevant', etc.
2. It's unusual. Unusual languages are fun to learn, and I think the further away from English you get, the more you learn about the world.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I'd go Arabic, it'd be more in demand than Indonesian, esspecially in Sydney. I work in the health system and find that the most 'in demand' languages are Arabic and Vietnamese. I don't know how it would work in Business, but in day to day life, Arabic would be more useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)