Should I Move Schools??? (1 Viewer)

rosegazing

HSC
I am currently in Year 10 at a school ranked below 400. Each year we have around 5 people get a Band 6 in the HSC out of 100+ students. I am the highest ranking student in my year and I would say that there are only about 20-30 other people in my year who are actually interested in learning. The other students are just disruptive and don't want to learn and it is not the kind of environment I want to be in while in Year 11 and 12.

Moving to a different school might be good for me but it is unlikely that my parents would want to move so I would probably have to board or live with other family members. The closest selective school is over 100km away and the closest boarding school is around 200km away.
If I do stay at my current school I hope to stay on the SRC and become School Captain. I also do dancing outside of school and I am a student teacher at my studio. I have been dancing there for 12 years and may not be able to get to the same position within a new dance school.

baktiar77

HSC
Honestly, it's really tough to give an answer as moving schools seems like it would be big pain for yourself and your family. It sounds like your rural, so make sure to make the most out of rural bonus points and scholarships from the unis. Have mates from Coffs and Dubbo whose schools were <300 rank, and they still smashed their subjects and got a pretty decent ATAR and a scholarship to attend UNSW, so yeah dont give up fam!

Munti

92.25 ATAR! hmu for tutoring :) im cheap
HSC
If you work hard and put in the effort, you can do very well at this school. The environment/school you're in can only help you so much, after that it's up to you as an individual to take the initiative and work hard. I know someone who went to a school ranked 2nd from last in the 2016 HSC, and she still managed to get a 94.6 ATAR because of her dedication and persistence. She wasn't a naturally bright student or just super smart, but actually pretty average; however, the amount of hard work she put in during her senior years is the reason why she achieved such high marks.

rosegazing

HSC
Honestly, it's really tough to give an answer as moving schools seems like it would be big pain for yourself and your family. It sounds like your rural, so make sure to make the most out of rural bonus points and scholarships from the unis. Have mates from Coffs and Dubbo whose schools were <300 rank, and they still smashed their subjects and got a pretty decent ATAR and a scholarship to attend UNSW, so yeah dont give up fam!
Thankyou for the feedback and positivity! I have plenty of options for university (family members all over the place) so I'll be able to move once I'm finished high school anyway.

rosegazing

HSC
If you work hard and put in the effort, you can do very well at this school. The environment/school you're in can only help you so much, after that it's up to you as an individual to take the initiative and work hard. I know someone who went to a school ranked 2nd from last in the 2016 HSC, and she still managed to get a 94.6 ATAR because of her dedication and persistence. She wasn't a naturally bright student or just super smart, but actually pretty average; however, the amount of hard work she put in during her senior years is the reason why she achieved such high marks.
Wow that's such a fantastic achievement! That's definitely given me some reassurance that if she could do it, I probably could as well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)