Should I pay attention to my teacher (go to tutoring/not a good class environment)? (1 Viewer)

ms_grape_taco

HSC
Hey guys,

My dilemma in Biology is that (1) I have already learnt all the content for module 7 for bio, and I'm not very interested in paying attention in class since my teacher rambles a lot and doesn't really provide anything useful and (2) the person I sit next to in Biology is extremely annoying (the passive aggressive person who tries to be better than you by correcting your work and purposefully doesn't talk to me but will talk to others and keeps staring at your work thinking they don't know) and (3) I find myself doing more productive work for other subjects in Biology, which is actually making good use of my time.

This past term I feel obliged to listen to him coz I don't want to hurt his feelings but it's getting irritating and I've lowkey ended up hating school bio - although tutoring bio is good.

Also, please give any tips on how to solve this problem with the person I sit next to - I used to be pretty close to him but I can't tolerate it anymore

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Hey guys,

My dilemma in Biology is that (1) I have already learnt all the content for module 7 for bio, and I'm not very interested in paying attention in class since my teacher rambles a lot and doesn't really provide anything useful and (2) the person I sit next to in Biology is extremely annoying (the passive aggressive person who tries to be better than you by correcting your work and purposefully doesn't talk to me but will talk to others and keeps staring at your work thinking they don't know) and (3) I find myself doing more productive work for other subjects in Biology, which is actually making good use of my time.

This past term I feel obliged to listen to him coz I don't want to hurt his feelings but it's getting irritating and I've lowkey ended up hating school bio - although tutoring bio is good.

Also, please give any tips on how to solve this problem with the person I sit next to - I used to be pretty close to him but I can't tolerate it anymore
jesus, why does this remind me of Dubbo.

I just realised u meant school, mb.

Sounds like a skill issue ngl. I suggest you watch some andrew tate videos, they usually help me build up courage to ask someone to back off alittle, and hes got rlly good advice.

Last edited:

cossine

HSC
Hey guys,

I think it is up to you take action. A teacher job is not to teach but provide guidance.

Dear Teacher:

Due to issues with bullying I have decided to stop attending your class. This has severely deteriorated my emotional stability. I feel like there are times where I could go out of control.

As a result I have decided a better course of action will be study on my own.

I will send you answers I have written to syllabus dot points and also send you past papers I have completed for you give advice.

Please keep me update with the dates of assignments and assessment tasks.

With kind regards,
Student

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Hes got a point. A doctor's job is not to treat patients. A lawyer's job is not to investigate client cases to reduce a sentence or prove innocence.

dumNerd

HSC
Hey guys,

suck it up lol or very very simply don't sit next to him

ms_grape_taco

HSC
I think it is up to you take action. A teacher job is not to teach but provide guidance.

Dear Teacher:

Due to issues with bullying I have decided to stop attending your class. This has severely deteriorated my emotional stability. I feel like there are times where I could go out of control.

As a result I have decided a better course of action will be study on my own.

I will send you answers I have written to syllabus dot points and also send you past papers I have completed for you give advice.

Please keep me update with the dates of assignments and assessment tasks.

With kind regards,
Student
I mean it's not a big deal like bullying but it makes me dread every biology class we have - and it infuriates me even more that out of all my friends, he is the person I spend the most with in class. I don't think i'll tell the teacher coz it lowkey seems like i don't have friends but I appreciate the advice!

ms_grape_taco

HSC
suck it up lol or very very simply don't sit next to him
omg that is easier said than done! imagine one day i enter class where everyone has been sitting in the same position for the last 2 years and then suddenly i sit in a strange place all by myself (the tables are in groups of 6 and all the positions are already set)

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
omg that is easier said than done! imagine one day i enter class where everyone has been sitting in the same position for the last 2 years and then suddenly i sit in a strange place all by myself (the tables are in groups of 6 and all the positions are already set)
theres only one option here. πŸ”« in fortnite battle royale

ms_grape_taco

HSC
Obviously its very tough to say something but yea, im sure it could be solved if u just say something, if not u just gotta thug it out πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
honestly, would it make a big difference if I said something? like i mean we are learning most the time so there's not much interaction

popsmokeswife

HSC
honestly, would it make a big difference if I said something? like i mean we are learning most the time so there's not much interaction
Lol if theres not much interaction why is is affecting u then? U literally came here telling us ab how much he irrtates u. Since moving seats isnt an option my advice is just to thug it out and just know theres like 6 months of school left and u wont ever see em again. I know its tough but its the only option u really have. Hopefully it sorts out all the best

ms_grape_taco

HSC
Lol if theres not much interaction why is is affecting u then? U literally came here telling us ab how much he irrtates u. Since moving seats isnt an option my advice is just to thug it out and just know theres like 6 months of school left and u wont ever see em again. I know its tough but its the only option u really have. Hopefully it sorts out all the best
ahaha yeah I did. But it's just annoying and irritating to coming to an environment like that. Guess I will thug it out :))

Last edited:

cossine

HSC
There are limits to what a teacher can teach. They have only 1 hr they can't teach you everything. Let say you are an yr 8 student what are you going to do after learning Pythagoras Theorem?

Programming is a fundamental topic for mathematics have you studied programming?
Discrete math is a fundamental topic for mathematics have you studied discrete math?

I think it is important for student to self-learn. There are lots of topics students can learn on their own that are easily accessible. There are countless resources available online Udemy, YouTube, textbooks, Quizlet, StuDocu etc.

@Hivaclibtibcharkwa what resources would you recommend if I was interested in Biology

cossine

HSC
Hes got a point. A doctor's job is not to treat patients. A lawyer's job is not to investigate client cases to reduce a sentence or prove innocence.
Is the only thing you can do is mock someone.

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
There are limits to what a teacher can teach. They have only 1 hr they can't teach you everything. Let say you are an yr 8 student what are you going to do after learning Pythagoras Theorem?

Programming is a fundamental topic for mathematics have you studied programming?
Discrete math is a fundamental topic for mathematics have you studied discrete math?

I think it is important for student to self-learn. There are lots of topics students can learn on their own that are easily accessible. There are countless resources available online Udemy, YouTube, textbooks, Quizlet, StuDocu etc.

@Hivaclibtibcharkwa what resources would you recommend if I was interested in Biology
Bro I'm not trying to look like a bad person, but you're kinda stretching the problem here. Despite there being limits to a teacher's abilities, a teacher's job is still to educate a class. The whole premise on why he comment '???' was because you said 'a teacher's job is not to teach' which directly contradicts itself, given, a teacher's job is to teach. I think you worded it a little differently to what you were actually trying emphasise, which led to everyone to take it out of context.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)