should i quit chem tutoring (1 Viewer)

skzzks

HSC
no reason why tbh idk i feel like so far the textbook is helping me get a better grasp of concepts than tutoring is 💀💀 is it just coz those questions are easier or smth? don’t rlly want to waste money on chem tutoring if i don’t feel it’s helping me (+ my school skipped mod 1) otherwise suggestions for places (i go zhangs but the class timings/teachers don’t rlly work for me rn)

libestraumno3

HSC
no reason why tbh idk i feel like so far the textbook is helping me get a better grasp of concepts than tutoring is 💀💀 is it just coz those questions are easier or smth? don’t rlly want to waste money on chem tutoring if i don’t feel it’s helping me (+ my school skipped mod 1) otherwise suggestions for places (i go zhangs but the class timings/teachers don’t rlly work for me rn)
honestly same.. i feel better rote learning but then again idk how i would go w/o the hw deadlines keeping me in check (i go to zhangs asw)

skzzks

HSC
How is Zhangs different to matrix
not sure if matrix marks hw or gives solutions but zhangs is quite strict abt hw which is one thing another is that all classes are live streamed ummm tbh i can’t rlly compare i haven’t been to matrix and all my friends said it was shit so they left it and went to ace

skzzks

HSC
In most cases if you've got a good teacher you don't really need a tutor. If you're a conscientious student, you'll go well either way.
see this is the thing i think that my teacher is quite good but it might just be because mod 2 clicks in my mind easily (but like idk during zhangs the topics didnt ????)

skzzks

HSC
see this is the thing i think that my teacher is quite good but it might just be because mod 2 clicks in my mind easily (but like idk during zhangs the topics didnt ????)
adding to this he mostly goes by the textbook but his explanations are good and make harder concepts easy to understand but i don’t want to regret quitting chem tutoring either

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
I've never had a tutor for any subject so I'm a little sceptical on the whole thing. I've always thought they were for people who are struggling. If you're doing well you don't need them.

If you see a benefit though, just keep the tutor. I don't see why not.

SmolBrain

HSC
zhangs provides much more content while matrix provides more hw. zhangs questions are harder. Matrix teachers are more qualified tho (Used to go matrix, go to zhangs now)
yeah cause zhang teachers are more like ones that recently graduated but matrix teachers have been teaching for like 5 years or sum, but zhang is wayy harder and there r more ruse students there

asduiashdi

HSC
Go peak hsc parramatta or online. They are extremely cheap (must be a money laundry business or smn bc $480 for tuition is just TGTBR). The teachers are great (well, actually depends. William is really nice and makes everything so easy to understand, so highly rec the dude, and a few others r good too)
hahaha idk how they're so cheap but i agree ive recently joined their chem class and its pretty good. william is good and hes lowkey so funny sometimes. He asks questions and 80% of the time noone answers and hes just talking to himself. The only slightly weird thing ive found is that they have 5 terms only stopping during christmas holidays but its still like half price compared to all other tutoring centres.

asduiashdi

HSC
Go peak hsc parramatta or online. They are extremely cheap (must be a money laundry business or smn bc $480 for tuition is just TGTBR). The teachers are great (well, actually depends. William is really nice and makes everything so easy to understand, so highly rec the dude, and a few others r good too)
Also when they do the module 2 test if you come top 20, do you get a discount or is that only for in person classes? I've seen them hand out discounts to top 20 for the last test.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Also when they do the module 2 test if you come top 20, do you get a discount or is that only for in person classes? I've seen them hand out discounts to top 20 for the last test.
Thats only applicable if you do the test in centre. So given you do online, you'll need to do the test in a centre in order to be elligible for a discount

skzzks

HSC
update: still at zhangs and i have come to love zhangs so i will stay even moved phys to zhangs 🫡🫡

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)