Should I repeat year 11? (1 Viewer)

kaza_s

HSC
Hello!

I am unhappy with my subject selections and cannot change, the subjects I am doing are Hospitality (which I enjoy), CAFS, Senior Science and Business.

I wanted to do Japanese as correspondence but it was too late when I went to ask even though no teachers disclosed of the cut off date and I also got told I should have asked to do a correspondence subject in year 10 even though back then I did not even know what a correspondence subject was. The teachers gave us a lack of information which annoys me because now I am stuck with subjects I do not enjoy.

I am failing CAFS, Science and Business. It is very hard to find motivation to study when you loathe the particular subject. I am stuck and have been considering repeating to change my subjects because at this rate I do not see myself getting a good ATAR and I am just generally unhappy and school is becoming very depressing due to my hatred.

I know there is NewStep if I do not get a good enough ATAR but that takes a year too so I'm not sure whether I should just repeat or not.

What do you guys think or are they any alternatives?

(I am also doing Standard English and Advanced Mathematics)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)