Should i stick to 12 units or 10 units? (1 Viewer)

shortcut

HSC
ticky, i also was ok at 2unit but cbf, so dropped and did well for a while but then messed around. it's a good option if you're willing to work. well, supposedly, you're allowed to drop to ten, your school isnt really allowed to prohibit you from doing so, but i know some schools prefer it if you dont, selective schools in particular. but coming from a co-ed government school it was thumbs up. talk to your teachers about it maybe?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
xazxncutiex said:
well nothing is wrong with the topic i am doing. its just maybe the concept is hard to grasp and maybe i am not motivated to do maths. However i did purchase some study guides in calculus so i hope that would help. I guess i need to concentrate more in maths and doing the set tasks.
well our school is having test in week 9 friday so lets see how that goes. i guess if i did really bad in that teacher will move me down. I have the head teacher as my maths teacher so i guess i can talk to him and stuff.
Integration is the easiest topic in Maths 2U.
Our first HSC Maths test was almost 100% differential calculus, an awesome test.
It's good you care about calculus, because about 40% of the HSC 2U Maths course involves calculus.
For the HSC in general (as in subjects not only the maths), pure rote-learning won't get you top marks.

ibewatto

HSC
it depends wat you want out of the hsc, if all u want is the hsc then who the fuck cares watever u enjoy doin. if u want a uai how good do u want it and which subjects will contribute best to that.

i want a uai, i was doin economics, legal, business, 3 unit english, ad math and ancient history. my eco teacher was shit so even tho i wanted to do it i dropped it. im also doin general math and 4 enlgish now and have no problems.
dont stress about work load, especially major works.

if u really want a uai u will do ur major works in the chrissy holidays and wen u have free time.

if a uai isnt ur concern, or the uai u want is lowish or easy to obtain do what you want, but having a backup subject is good incase u stuff up a course.

hope that overly long thought helps

zy

HSC
Forbidden. said:
Integration is the easiest topic in Maths 2U.
Our first HSC Maths test was almost 100% differential calculus, an awesome test.
It's good you care about calculus, because about 40% of the HSC 2U Maths course involves calculus.
For the HSC in general (as in subjects not only the maths), pure rote-learning won't get you top marks.
it will in history...
and english...

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
zy said:
it will in history...
and english...
I refrained from pre-prepared responses since the trials.
It makes your knowledge on the modules entirely useless.
You may as well spend one entire term rote-learning pre-prepared responses for your English assessments and exams instead.

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
zy said:
don't ever drop to general.. -_-
That's a load of crap. I did 2U maths in Prelim, was passing easily and ranked in the middle of the class, but the work didn't seem to click in exams/tests and was causing me too much stress. After talking to our maths coordinator she recommended I change to General even though I was doing well in 2U.

Changing to General was the best decision I made in my whole HSC. I was prepared to work and although there was a lot of work involved, I was a lot less stressed and ended up getting the only Band 6 (internal mark) in our year and ranking 1st. It's a good boost of confidence if 2U is getting you down.. And sometimes that's all you need! :)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
tanjin said:
If you think general will kill your uai, you're wrong.

lol, you're an idiot.
I agree with this woman on both counts.

1)
ANY combination of subjects can get you a UAI of 100, it depends on the performance of YOU and your COHORT.
But some subjects like Physics and the extension courses have the advantage of being known to scale well.

2)
Like all subjects, there are certain skills associated with each subjects.
Sure private schools like to distribute syllabus summaries to students, but very often they do not encompass the SKILLS associated with that subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)