should i still do 4U? (1 Viewer)

Maoky

HSC
Do it if you actually like maths.

I find 4u a lot different from 3u.

3u bores me, but 4u is actually pretty interesting, so I'm doing better in 4u :S

Don't let ur 3u mark put u down.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I love Maths, but the teacher doesn't know that I like it. (I bludge in class!)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you should take Extension 2 Maths if you enjoy it and are capable of solving complex problems (in other words, your marks aren't absolutely horrendous in Ext. 1).

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
I was thinking of doing 4 unit, but I got 93% for my 3 unit half yearly and my teacher said I should not do it. However, I really want to do it so I am going to contact the Board of Studies.
I got 81% for my 3 unit yearly and I still did 4 unit. So don't worry about it too much, a lot of the time you just can't be bothered revising even simple things in yr 11. That changes once u get to year 12.

As long as you think ur capable u shuld be fine

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I got 81% for my 3 unit yearly and I still did 4 unit. So don't worry about it too much, a lot of the time you just can't be bothered revising even simple things in yr 11. That changes once u get to year 12.

As long as you think ur capable u shuld be fine
Thanks, I think I'm capable but the teacher thinks I'm a bludger so she may not let me in :mad1:

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
But isn't 93% for 3U a very good mark? Don't understand why you are being discouraged from doing 4U.
It's a good mark (3rd place), but I bludge in class, and the teacher doesn't think I am serious about Maths. I really want to do it. I'll contact the Board of Studies if I don't get in, or I'll speak to the head teacher, because I don't think the teacher can stop me just because she thinks I don't have the "oomph" for Maths. Or can they stop you even if your marks are good?

Favouritism comes into play so much when you want to pick up Extensions!!! grrrrrrrr.......

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
It's a good mark (3rd place), but I bludge in class, and the teacher doesn't think I am serious about Maths. I really want to do it. I'll contact the Board of Studies if I don't get in, or I'll speak to the head teacher, because I don't think the teacher can stop me just because she thinks I don't have the "oomph" for Maths. Or can they stop you even if your marks are good?

Favouritism comes into play so much when you want to pick up Extensions!!! grrrrrrrr.......
Then you know what you have to do. Show her that your capable and willing to study hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)