should I still try if I know I'm dropping a subject? (1 Viewer)

h_s_r11

HSC
I'm definitely going to drop bio in yr 12 as I genuinely have no motivation for this subject and physically can't get myself to do any work in it. The only reason I got through last term was because the assessment was a scientific report. This term's exam is coming up in a few days and I don't even know if I should bother, I have close to zero knowledge of any of the content.

wollongong warrior

HSC
Doesn't hurt to try
But also if you're not:
  • Going into bio-related fields after school
  • Applying for early entry
Then I don't see a reason to try besides for enjoyment and/or ego lol

Susu123

HSC
same thing happened to me, i knew i was gonna drop business like 3 weeks into the year, so didnt really try that hard. if i had an exam or assignemnt, i only did a minimal amount of work, but used the time to focus on my other subjects.

shoulfer

HSC
I'm definitely going to drop bio in yr 12 as I genuinely have no motivation for this subject and physically can't get myself to do any work in it. The only reason I got through last term was because the assessment was a scientific report. This term's exam is coming up in a few days and I don't even know if I should bother, I have close to zero knowledge of any of the content.
no

v.tex

HSC
this is me with modern- am barley doing any work for it lol.

wave2earth

HSC
not sure if im late but yes you should still try. the thing about y11 courses (at least at my school, but i believe in general) is about getting a taster for what those subjects will be like in y12. just because youve gone through one task and dont want to do the subject anymore doesnt necessarily mean you wont be enjoying the subject for the rest of y11. you shouldnt sabotage your rosa just to slack off in bio in case you wanna go for early entry. im going through something similiar with math ext so i get what you mean but just hold it out until you change your subjects in y12. maybe something you learn later on might hook you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)