Should i take the risk?? (1 Viewer)

laram

HSC
I'm currently studying for my ancient history/maths exam on monday and there's no way i will get all the study done in timeI was considering for Pompeii and Herculaneum to not study the questions which have already been asked in previous hsc exam papers..should i take the risk? cause i don't think they will ask the same ones again when there are so many to choose from.

alina yousif

HSC
I guess taking a risk is a bad idea because you just don't know what the bos will ask. but if you don't want to waste too much time, why don't you study mainly on the modules that haven't been asked and just glance at those that have already been asked.

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
I'm in the same boat.But surely you would have done study before today?Remember, P + H is source based, know your sources and allow yourself to answer a range of questions.I think you shouldhave a general understanding of previous questions, you don't want to get in there and be like.. crap.Maths isn't getting much attention this weekend, hopefully my internal will save me. Good luck!

laram

HSC
I'm in the same boat.But surely you would have done study before today?Remember, P + H is source based, know your sources and allow yourself to answer a range of questions.I think you shouldhave a general understanding of previous questions, you don't want to get in there and be like.. crap.Maths isn't getting much attention this weekend, hopefully my internal will save me. Good luck!
no actually i havent studied for ancient at all n just starting now :( stupid i know. but i just didnt really have that much time cause ive had to study for other things e.g business n english.but looking at some past papers for P + H 2008 had a question asking about streetscapes and the amphitheatre so i doubt they will ask that again..hmmluckily ive studied heaps for maths previously so i can concentrate on ancient this whole w/e

laram

HSC
yup..and a whole lot of procrastination..

tku336

HSC
Cover everything lightly today, then cover the areas you think are more likely in depth tommorrow.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I'm currently studying for my ancient history/maths exam on monday and there's no way i will get all the study done in timeI was considering for Pompeii and Herculaneum to not study the questions which have already been asked in previous hsc exam papers..should i take the risk? cause i don't think they will ask the same ones again when there are so many to choose from.
So many people are in the general maths/ancient boat. Nice timetabling, board of studies.

laram

HSC
yeh i know aye so stupid. y couldn't they just be normal and put general maths on the same day as advanced maths! gahh would make life so much easier.

sirpoopalot7

HSC
There is way too much content. You could cover half the syllabus for a section and not get asked a question relating to the work you've done.

nosh22

HSC
I do modern history... So i'll put in my two cents.I did this for the trial, since I had 3 exams in a row.I decided to skim study dotpoints tested in the half yearly.And then, I screwed up. I didn't attempt a 25 mark essay. My overall rank dropped by three places. I strongly advise against it. Take some no doz, Study everything! The biggest mistake of my HSC was trying to predict the question.
But if you think you can do it, sure. I was just unlucky.

Last edited:

shady145

Banned
HSC
wear a condom, keep it safe.Yes if you dnt have enough time to study go over your syllabus and tick off your what you know, anything ur weak on fix it...

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC
NO! trust me dont take the risk!! in food tech exam, some of the questions was repeated from last year and others. so yeah its not good to take the risk. just try to go through as much as you can.

smelnizzle

HSC
Uni Grad
if you do do what youre planning to do.. prepare yourself for the chance you wont be able to answer the question as succinctly as you wanted to!
me and my friend tried to predict our modern exam in the trials.. and omggggg we were so wrong. my heart broke during reading time. LOL i dont recommend it. perhaps take a little nap. then pull and all nighter. (OR if youre a morning person wake up early)
just MAKE SURE you get your sleep on sunday night!

theanswerisA

HSC
N/A
yes just do it, at least just read over the stuff that has been done before. But if you look at the past papers pompeii only came in, in 2006, thus it is very doubtful that they are going to repeat the questions as there is so much more content they can examine you on.

Personally i think the 8 marker is going to be on social structure

the 10 marker will be on problems with conservation/reconstruction

and i think the 4 marker might be on sewerage systems or the public baths.

i was in the same boat as you for my trial, except for the essay question and all i did was study one aspect of my society and i got a question on it so yes it can work for you but if it doesnt then the result is catastrophic.

pattie_d

HSC
I'm on the same boat...and no dont take the risk.Have your syllabus next to you, have your past assessment tasks next to you--because they should have your best work in your topics/summaries, and your notes, or past resources from BoS web.Do one topic each hour or half hour, then move on to the next, like reading, underlining then reading again...At least this is what I will be doing, plus summarizing my summaries again--it's what helps me remember. I've studied my ass off today for maths and tomorrow is for ancient. I have all my notes ready for ancient so i'm good with what i have...but since youre just starting now, then ouch.

Venom.

HSC
yes just do it, at least just read over the stuff that has been done before. But if you look at the past papers pompeii only came in, in 2006, thus it is very doubtful that they are going to repeat the questions as there is so much more content they can examine you on.

Personally i think the 8 marker is going to be on social structure

the 10 marker will be on problems with conservation/reconstruction

and i think the 4 marker might be on sewerage systems or the public baths.

i was in the same boat as you for my trial, except for the essay question and all i did was study one aspect of my society and i got a question on it so yes it can work for you but if it doesnt then the result is catastrophic.
The Pompeii 10 marker is always sourced from one of the three dotpoints on Reconstruction & Conservation of the Past. And interesting...social structure would be nice; sewarage systems would be great, but i'm sure they asked something on water and sanitation before, havent they? I'm more worried about Egypt Old Kingdom Essay tbh :(

theanswerisA

HSC
N/A
The Pompeii 10 marker is always sourced from one of the three dotpoints on Reconstruction & Conservation of the Past. And interesting...social structure would be nice; sewarage systems would be great, but i'm sure they asked something on water and sanitation before, havent they? I'm more worried about Egypt Old Kingdom Essay tbh :(
yeah what i was trying to say about the 10 market is that i can also be on technological advances and ethical issues but i think it will be on the problems associated with reconstruction vs conservation.

also the question was "Using Source 2 and your own knowledge, explain the ways in which water was distributed in Pompeii and Herculaneum", so sewerage systems is still an option.

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
I'm in the same position as you... I was so obsessed with getting really good at English that I didn't really study for anything else till now.. :\ It's maths today, and ancient tomorrow. As for Pompeii and Herculaneum? I just plan on skimming over the chapter in the book and my notes because I might not have enough time to study the other sections that I need to study more, if I do finish studying the other sections early than I will definately study it in more depth.. except the influence of Egypt/Greek on P/H.. thats the only area on P/H I'm unsure about. Its Greek I'm really shitting myself for.. When it comes to Egypt I'm alright, maybe because I actually enjoy studying Egypt. But just do whatever works for you.. But definitely study for it nonetheless, even if it's just skimming over a chapter.

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
yeah what i was trying to say about the 10 market is that i can also be on technological advances and ethical issues but i think it will be on the problems associated with reconstruction vs conservation.

also the question was "Using Source 2 and your own knowledge, explain the ways in which water was distributed in Pompeii and Herculaneum", so sewerage systems is still an option.
My god I hope it's about sewerage systems! (never thought I would say that in my life)
That would be absolute win if it was.. Easiest topic ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)