• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

should i tell or not..? (1 Viewer)

mishy89

HSC
hmm..well i've been going out with my bf for nearli 2 yearz now..my parentz dont no we're going out! we hardli see eachoda..mayb once a fortnight or so..what should i do..im not allowed to go out becoz my rentz dont trust me..they dont want me having a bf..they are reallii protective..not wanting me to get involved with guyz right now..what should i do..? should i keep hiding it from them until i finish year 12? which is until the end of this year? or should i just not let them no at all!?

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Darling, delete this thread and try again. It's an eyesore reading it.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
mishy89 said:
hmm..well i've been going out with my bf for nearli 2 yearz now..my parentz dont no we're going out! we hardli see eachoda..mayb once a fortnight or so..what should i do..im not allowed to go out becoz my rentz dont trust me..they dont want me having a bf..they are reallii protective..not wanting me to get involved with guyz right now..what should i do..? should i keep hiding it from them until i finish year 12? which is until the end of this year? or should i just not let them no at all!?
Tell them you have a boyfriend.
Kids grow up. They should learn to accept that.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
woah yeh that was hard to read. i suggest english.

one of my mates kept her boyfriend a secret from her parents for 2 years though, till the end of highschool. actually i still dont think shes told them.

elfm

HSC
don't tell them. if you do, whatever you do wrong in the near future will be blamed on your boyfriend and they will hate him forever.

mishy89

HSC
ahaha yeh probably like if i fail in school or something then they would blame my boyfriend for distracting me and all..hmm..what can i do to see him more often..?

Ellie_Belly

HSC
I'd DEFINITELY tell them now, before it gets too late into the year. What happens if they find out about him just before the HSC exams? That would be much worse.
I told my parents about my boyfriend just before year 12 started. That was hard to do, but worth it, because they started off being really worried about me getting distracted, but after a few months they've accepted it and aren't too paranoid any more.
Tell them, before things get any stressed for you. If it's worrying you, talking to them about it is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Good luck with it :) I'm sure they'll trust you if you tell them about him. If you didn't tell them, it would be a lot worse.

HSC
if you're asian, and have typical asian parents definitely do not tell them.

if don't, still don't tell them.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
azzie said:
woah yeh that was hard to read. i suggest english.

one of my mates kept her boyfriend a secret from her parents for 2 years though, till the end of highschool. actually i still dont think shes told them.
How the fuck are you meant to manage that?

"yeah um...im going to the shops...alone...for 3 hours..."

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
from personal experience I think its better to tell them. I hid my boyfriend from my parents for nearly 8 months and it nearly broke us up. I eventually had to tell my parents because they found out anyway, and trust me, if they are this protective they WILL find out.
Once you tell them and you explain that you are happy and you promise you won't get distracted your relationship will just keep getting better! you will see each other so much more often blah blah blah

this is just from personal experience, but definitely talk it over with your boyfriend and make a decision, sooner rather than later. If your parents find out you were hiding it from them, you are never going to gain their trust because you hid it from them.

mishy89

HSC
ahahah its not that hard to read...anyway..yeh! i have them typical overprotective asian parents..its not that easy to tell them...they might not let me see him at all! and take my phone off me! arghh!! maybe i could just hide it from them until i finish my HSC..

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
mr_brightside said:
How the fuck are you meant to manage that?

"yeah um...im going to the shops...alone...for 3 hours..."
she just said that she was going out with her friends all the time. so.. yep! :p

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
u managed not telling ur rentz for almost 2 yrs.. so dont tell till right time/age *shrugs*

i dont know howd u do it..

i couldn't keep from my mum and she doesn't like me having relationship atm. but i have to deal with it.

oh i still have restrictions

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
mishy89 said:
you should cos they might feel mistrusted ~ u didnt say nothing for two years.....but then again, it is a hard thing to do, it really depends on how your parents are...and it really depends on how long you plan on being with your boyfriend...( a few years...or forever...) i'm not saying anything about marriage yet, but your parents are going to think that straightaway (mine did), so your intent for the future is important, but you never know, if your parents are not strict, let u go out heaps etc, you'll be fine. but two years, i mean, it's serious, and they should know, either now or later, if you're serious you can't avoid it, my parents went crazy crazy crazy, but i know that them knowing now is going to help things in later times.

Diddimz

HSC
just tell them your engaged because he got you pregnant so theres nothing they can do about it, and see how they react.

mishy89

HSC
i was just writing in abbrieviations..i guess you dont chat then aye. its not that hard to read

felixcthecat

HSC
well, u've 'hid' it for 2 years and if you suspect that your parents wouldn't let u go out anymore if u told them, i'd definitely wait until after year 12... even u think they kno, they can't do much.. would they come up to u and say 'hey we kno u hav a boyfriend, now spit it out' ^^'' if they realli think that study is that important they'd probably give u hints to not go out as much, but still won't actually interfere directly.. so i'd say not to tell them until after HSC, while you'll have to be able to control yourself and prove to yourself and your parents that going out with your 'friends' that much doesn't affect your studies

andand.. your post wasn't hard to read at all.... =Z

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
mishy89 said:
your still young and parents are always right! :D
maybe have a talk to your parents why they believe you shouldnt have a boyfriend etc.. it could be because of school yada ya!
i know my parents wishes were not to have a serious boyfriend till after year 12, but i secretly kept things from them too. i had many guy friends, so id be like yeee this is my guy friend.. u can ease it onto them like that, only if they let u have guy friends to begin with..
its waaaay easier when its out in the open though!
talk to your parents first, suss out the situations why etc

elfm

HSC
i seriously dont understand what the whole 'only after year 12' thing is all about if you're intending to go to uni after your hsc. asian parents seem to think the hsc is ten times more important/harder than uni or something, when infact it's probably the other way round. you're not going to have more time in uni, and you're not going to suddenly not get distracted by relationships once you get into uni, so i don't see why it's suddenly so acceptable to have a bf/gf after yr 12.

felixcthecat

HSC
elfm said:
i seriously dont understand what the whole 'only after year 12' thing is all about if you're intending to go to uni after your hsc. asian parents seem to think the hsc is ten times more important/harder than uni or something, when infact it's probably the other way round. you're not going to have more time in uni, and you're not going to suddenly not get distracted by relationships once you get into uni, so i don't see why it's suddenly so acceptable to have a bf/gf after yr 12.
well... here's a secret! heh, umm, well ignoring all other possibilities about getting into the uni course you want after the first year, doing well in the HSC is the only way to ensure that you get into the uni course you want the first time round.. once you're into uni, bum around or anything, but as long as you don't fail, you'll graduate into the career you chose =D

then.. if u don't care at all what career you want, then why even do the HSC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)