should i tell or not..? (1 Viewer)

whiteeagle

HSC
If I was in your situation, I wouldn't tell them for now but wait until the HSC's over. I would also concentrate in my studying to achieve the highest UAI possible so my parents won't have any reason to blame my relationship.
Any emotional problem & conflict you have in Year 12 will effect your performance at school. So please, avoid them!

whiteeagle

HSC
elfm said:
i seriously dont understand what the whole 'only after year 12' thing is all about if you're intending to go to uni after your hsc. asian parents seem to think the hsc is ten times more important/harder than uni or something, when infact it's probably the other way round. you're not going to have more time in uni, and you're not going to suddenly not get distracted by relationships once you get into uni, so i don't see why it's suddenly so acceptable to have a bf/gf after yr 12.
Why do we have to show ID at the liquor store?

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
i agree, bad comparison.

i dont understand how you can be together for two years, and only see each other, at the most, once a fortnight?! i see my boyfriend every day. even when i was at school we saw each other every second or third day. we wouldnt really have had a rleationship otherwise.
anyway, the longest i hid a relationship for was 2 weeks, my parents found out and said "dont hide it, you can come to us with that sort of thing", and id been sneaking around with him and stuff so they didnt totally trust the two of us while we were together. we broke up after 10 months, and 4 months later i started dating my current boyfriend (now of 2 years!) and bought him home a week after our first date and they trust us completely! like from the word go they have trusted him and i, which is the best.
im not going to tell you whether to tell them or not, but in my experience im glad i told them about my current boyfriend. so draw your own conclusion from my story

whiteeagle

HSC
666_blessings said:
I think alcohol and relationships are two totally different things. That was a bad comparison.
It's not a comparison between alcohol & relationship, fool!
If you can't comprehend my post, don't reply.

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
ok they may not be ALWAYS right, but they sure do want the best for you, and no1 else wants that other than your parents. they will ALWAYS be there for you

well thats my family anyway :)

and before anyone talks i dont think i have to justify my reasons, coz like others, i've been nearly through hell with my parents, but it always ends out that they are the ones there in the end for you.

nono

HSC
N/A
Please- if you want to keep seeing your boyfriend (as little as that may already be) DO NOT tell your parents.

I speak from personal experience. Don't tell them until the HSC is over because then they can't blame him for every failure you have this year. Don't give them ammunition.

What I don't get is if you've kept it up for 2 years then why tell them now?

By the sounds of things they are very strict and I can almost guarantee that they will ban you from seeing him or at least condemn the relationship. If you want to stay in this already fine relationship then don't do anything to mess it up- because telling your parents will mess it up for sure.

Remember- ignorance is bliss. What they don't know won't hurt them- or you and your boyfriend for that matter.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
elfm said:
don't tell them. if you do, whatever you do wrong in the near future will be blamed on your boyfriend and they will hate him forever.
err... that can be lethal as much as it can be to tell them if u don't and they find out chances are that they will have a huge amount of distrust and become even more protective of u *....eek!*

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
sometimes parents just have to learn that their kids are growing up! I was really surprised to find out how supportive my parents were when I told them so I would say, just be honest with them and they'll be extra protective for a while but you'll also win their trust because of your honesty. :D:D On the other hand, if they find out themselves, I think they would be pretty hurt that you didn't tell them.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
mr_brightside said:
How the fuck are you meant to manage that?

"yeah um...im going to the shops...alone...for 3 hours..."
"...in makeup, a short skirt and with condoms..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)